Colt LE6940

Colt LE6940

This is a discussion on Colt LE6940 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm thinking about starting my "rifled musket" fund with the goal of purchasing a Colt LE6940. Like the simple fold-down sights, rails etc. I think ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Colt LE6940

Colt LE6940

I'm thinking about starting my "rifled musket" fund with the goal of purchasing a Colt LE6940. Like the simple fold-down sights, rails etc. I think this will fill the niche that comes from my experience in the Army with both an iron-sighted M16A1 and later an M4 with optic(CCO in
    my case). I think a simple set-up with optic( probably a T1 Micro,eventually), SureFire light, good sling and MagPul mags makes for a solid platform for an armed citizen. Any comments and suggestions welcomed.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

It's a great rifle. My only problem with it is being stuck with that shorter rail unlike a 6920 that can be changed out pretty easily. Other than that, it's a definite winner.
    sammage and Aceoky like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Sounds good to me Smart decision keeping it simple. A few basic options is all you need to have a great rifle. Keep it light, fast, and reliable.
    old grunt likes this.

Yeah I say go for it Colts are great . And I love the magpul buis on it they are good sights .. As long is the gun is mil spec esp the stock it would be good . I have not even seen this model before and upon looking it looks great . Course it said m-4 not AR-15 on the reciver ( a little joke about state gun laws in CA) which does not matter for you just funny to me ..

I dont know on this model but really my only complaint with Colt rifles is most of the new ones have a sear block in them . But that can be fixed and is a minor issue

It looks like though that the railling and barrel are hard to take off Pros and Cons of Colt LE6940 ? but if you like it as it is shoudl be fine

Mine is a LE6920 with carry handle and iron sights for short range. I really like mine. I have an AR-10 with a Burris 3-12X50 XTR scope for longer range.
    Aceoky likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Great choices! The Colt 6940 was going to be my second choice if I couldn't get my hands on a Daniel Defense V5 for my most recent AR.

I like your plan. I like good iron sights, and like them coopted with an aimpoint.

The colt system I have been looking hard at, myself. Id either buy that, or a DD. And to be really honest about it, I think Id go with the Colt. I think DD make fantastic weapons, but not sure how many outside a select group know that. Everyone has heard of Colt.
    Aceoky likes this.

2014 6940

Colt reportedly will be issuing a new, improved LE 6940 this year: NASGW - Colt Tactical Rifles - YouTube
    StormRhydr and old grunt like this.

Cool, that's the first I heard of the new 6940. Colt is one of my top stops at SHOT this year...
    Aceoky likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I just purchased a Colt LE carbine. I plan on putting an Aimpoint M4 or T1 on this one.

But eventually all of my AR's will be Colt, and have a redundant sighting system; Aimpoint with flip up irons.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Cool, that's the first I heard of the new 6940. Colt is one of my top stops at SHOT this year...
    That will be cool to see, I had no idea either.
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    That will be cool to see, I had no idea either.
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing their new stuff. Also really want to see the new barrels coming from BCM with the straight taper and fluting. Pretty sure they'll be similar in profile to the N4 and centurion mid weight.
    Aceoky likes this.

Sounds like a plan. If you have military training with that platform, its hard to think of another way to go.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    I own two Colts AR's, Shot many wantabes Cant go wrong with Colt.
    Aceoky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing their new stuff. Also really want to see the new barrels coming from BCM with the straight taper and fluting. Pretty sure they'll be similar in profile to the N4 and centurion mid weight.
    Thursday will be a busy day
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links