What we need more of a g3 mag rifle

This is a discussion on What we need more of a g3 mag rifle within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; DRD Tactical Paratus G762 - The Firearm Blog This is great imop the mags are dirt cheep and for thous in ban states almost all ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bigsteve113
  • 2 Post By Sticks
  • 1 Post By MrBuckwheat

Thread: What we need more of a g3 mag rifle

DRD Tactical Paratus G762 - The Firearm Blog

This is great imop the mags are dirt cheep and for thous in ban states almost all of them are pre ban ...

This might just be my first 308

Senior Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    I would love an AR style .308 that took G3 mags. But at $5000.00 this one is way out of my budget !!!!
    dukalmighty likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteve113 View Post
    I would love an AR style .308 that took G3 mags. But at $5000.00 this one is way out of my budget !!!!
    I think the magpul ones are a good second options ... I also wish they bring back the FAL mag ar that was a around a ways back too

There are several companies making a AR-10 platform that take Magpul mags now. Glad to see they (AR-10) are becoming standardized like the AR-15. Should not be too long where you won't have to worry about proprietary parts.

It will be real nice when someone comes out with a dual caliber AR-10, that all you have to do is swap out bolts, upper, and put in a mag adapter to shoot 5.56, or a variety of other large bore rounds. Larger chamber gives you more options for caliber.
    WrongRecroom and sammage like this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    There are several companies making a AR-10 platform that take Magpul mags now. Glad to see they (AR-10) are becoming standardized like the AR-15. Should not be too long where you won't have to worry about proprietary parts.

It will be real nice when someone comes out with a dual caliber AR-10, that all you have to do is swap out bolts, upper, and put in a mag adapter to shoot 5.56, or a variety of other large bore rounds. Larger chamber gives you more options for caliber.

Uhh colt makes one know you know the 910 carbine ..Colt 901 Modular Carbine .308/.223 ? New Gun Review ? LE901-16S

VIP Member
    $5000.00 thats a lot of cash for something that will probably fall of the boat.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Yep we need more floating ar7 rifles out there sure a lot of people having boating misshapes these days

VIP Member
    It looks like something that I need, anybody willing to donate one to me? I will give it a good home lots of love.

It has its use with the shorter barrel, I can appreciate it. Sounds like there are some that just don't understand the use for it.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Actually $2600.

Read the review, not thrilled about the 1.5moa on the 7.62 barrel. Wonder if it will accept any .308 upper? I have standards for accuracy.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I'd rather spend the money on a SCAR-17. Mags ain't cheap, but if you can afford to shoot 7,62, you can afford some magazines.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Links