What are your thoughts on the new FN AR-15?

This is a discussion on What are your thoughts on the new FN AR-15? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I feel like it's overpriced and rather bland. It's an entry level AR for almost $1200...maybe I'm too tight-fisted, but I don't feel like I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: What are your thoughts on the new FN AR-15?

I feel like it's overpriced and rather bland. It's an entry level AR for almost $1200...maybe I'm too tight-fisted, but I don't feel like I can justify a purchase. What are your guys' thoughts on it?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...rifle-carbine/

http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/carbines/fn-15-series/

FN has built up a lot of experience in recent years building M-16A4s, as well as other military rifles.
    I think that they probably have their eyes set on taking market share from one or two competitors, and are hoping that their status as a current military contract holder will help boost sales.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I think like H&K they are banking on COD fanboys who know FN from video games to lap it up . They do make good handguns so that is proble being banked on too

I dont care at all .I personal am sick of new AR and 1911 . Both great guns but until the NFA goes out the window there is limits to what can be done . I mean the M-16 itself is from what 1960 the first SP1 colt around the late 60s?

I looks to me like any other AR out there other then it said FN on it .

As long as the AR is mil spec ( at least the stock ) and has no stupid proprietary stuff on it and can be fitted with a DIAS/lighting link/silencer it is all the same to me . Some look cooler and some have different gas maybe but all just pink house in a row..

I wish one company would try to make a USA made non junk non IO AK that is not some 1-2k Arsenal gun .. Or heck a lot of 89 banned import guns . I mean any one can make a dern AR ...

Also I love how they said that this would not be made on the Military production line but in a different plant .. Yeah I thinking putting the wrong lower in could liven up someones weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I think like H&K they are banking on COD fanboys who know FN from video games to lap it up . They do make good handguns so that is proble being banked on too

I dont care at all .I personal am sick of new AR and 1911 . Both great guns but until the NFA goes out the window there is limits to what can be done . I mean the M-16 itself is from what 1960 the first SP1 colt around the late 60s?

I looks to me like any other AR out there other then it said FN on it .

As long as the AR is mil spec ( at least the stock ) and has no stupid proprietary stuff on it and can be fitted with a DIAS/lighting link/silencer it is all the same to me . Some look cooler and some have different gas maybe but all just pink house in a row..

I wish one company would try to make a USA made non junk non IO AK that is not some 1-2k Arsenal gun .. Or heck a lot of 89 banned import guns . I mean any one can make a dern AR ...

Also I love how they said that this would not be made on the Military production line but in a different plant .. Yeah I thinking putting the wrong lower in could liven up someones weekend...
    A lot of companies turn out SA and Select fire guns in the same facility,it's not easy to mix them up,one look at the receiver and you can't miss the Auto sear pin hole above the selector lever
    Aceoky likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    A lot of companies turn out SA and Select fire guns in the same facility,it's not easy to mix them up,one look at the receiver and you can't miss the Auto sear pin hole above the selector lever
    I think FN did that as they had some whopises in the past with putting full auto parts in some fs2000 ...

Id buy a Colt before that.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    +1 but only if a early SP1 or sporter that has no sear block . That ticked me off that they got all PC on us..

Nice guns though .. I do like the colt commando
    american23 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I dont care at all .I personal am sick of new AR and 1911 ....... Both great guns but until the NFA goes out the window there is limits to what can be done . I mean the M-16 itself is from what 1960 the first SP1 colt around the late 60s?...........

I looks to me like any other AR out there other then it said FN on it .......

Liven up someone's weekend. LOLOL
    I have a Colt Match-Target 20 in HBAR and it looks identical. FN says $1149. and Bud's is asking $1122. (for Match-Grade bbl).

The Brand-NEW FN15, looks like the same chunk I humped around in 'Nam. Same horse, different day.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    Liven up someone's weekend. LOLOL
    I have a Colt Match-Target 20 in HBAR and it looks identical. FN says $1149. and Bud's is asking $1122. (for Match-Grade bbl).

The Brand-NEW FN15, looks like the same chunk I humped around in 'Nam. Same horse, different day.

Heck look at the DPMS rifles literal copy of the old M16A1/A2 M-4 minus the fun switch and cheep .. That is the point they are suppose to look like are military guns lot of vets and people that firiure hey if we used them they got to be good ..

And yeah some of the stores of gun failure are wild .. The TEC guns were infamous for going auto for no reason .. Even some 1911 if the sear is wrong can go full auto ( heck a guy in TX made this for Dillinger way back when 1911full-tfb.jpg .. And SKS can go full auto .. Oh it is fun when it is the woods but at a range

And the HBAR are very nice man good target guns ..

I persoanl like the sleek look the of the org Nam m-16 why I want to get a first gen 60-70s SP1 very sleek gun .

The Springfield XDs current recall is due to them going "FA". They had a real tough time coming up with a fix.

Sometimes, New & Improved...... just ain't.
    WrongRecroom and Aceoky like this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Same. Is there any benefit to getting one over the LE6920 Socom?

I'd have to admit though (just to be fair) the 20 inch rifle version would look pretty sweet with a DD rail on it (free floated).

http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/car...ies/fn15-rifle

VIP Member
    You are paying for the name brand.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    You are paying for the name brand.
    Sure you are. They hold the current contract for the M4 and they will sell a boat load of them.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

VIP Member
    There are certain reasons to purchase the name brand. ( I am not implying anything positive or negative)
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    I think it is a bit over priced and over hyped.
    american23 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links