Tac-con Trigger

This is a discussion on Tac-con Trigger within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Rapid Fire from the Tac-Con Trigger Group?Media Day at the Range?SHOT Show 2014 Very spendy but super cool. ATF compliant non NFA trigger for the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Tac-con Trigger

Tac-con Trigger

Rapid Fire from the Tac-Con Trigger Group?Media Day at the Range?SHOT Show 2014

Very spendy but super cool. ATF compliant non NFA trigger for the AR platform. Basically a bump fire trigger! It even allows the safety dial to flip over to "happy" mode. Way cool.

Thoughts and opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    No, thank you. Why you would want to waste ammo is beyond me.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Anything like this is a joke on any useful rifle. Even full auto is pretty useless. This is absolutely nothing more than a waste of money and ammo. It is not a force multiplier when it comes to fighting, either. It actually hinders your ability to effectively out rounds on target.

Full auto is effective from belt-fed rifles, rarely from carbines. You almost never find full auto being used in law enforcement and it's of very limited use only in specific circumstances with mil and contractors. Semi auto aimed fire rules the day.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Rapid Fire from the Tac-Con Trigger Group?Media Day at the Range?SHOT Show 2014

Very spendy but super cool. ATF compliant non NFA trigger for the AR platform. Basically a bump fire trigger! It even allows the safety dial to flip over to "happy" mode. Way cool.

Thoughts and opinions?

It's a neat idea, but I use a 3.5lb CMC trigger, and I can fire in semi faster, and more accurately than that 3MR trigger does in "select" mode. Watch the video of that 3MR in "auto" mode, then while on youtube, look for the CMC 3.5 pound flat trigger review by FourGuysGuns. Watch how fast the guy doing the review fires that rifle and how little that barrel moves when he does.

The CMC is $150 on Harris Tactical webpage right now. That's $350 you can spend on something more useful, like a quality RDS.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    It's a neat idea, but I use a 3.5lb CMC trigger, and I can fire in semi faster, and more accurately than that 3MR trigger does in "select" mode. Watch the video of that 3MR in "auto" mode, then while on youtube, look for the CMC 3.5 pound flat trigger review by FourGuysGuns. Watch how fast the guy doing the review fires that rifle and how little that barrel moves when he does.

The CMC is $150 on Harris Tactical webpage right now. That's $350 you can spend on something more useful, like a quality RDS.
    I remember your post on my AR build thread. It's so new that I was curious if there are guys who have had extended use of this trigger or any thinking about buying one.

It has a cool factor. It's also great to have something just because it's legal to do so. But the price stops me.

VIP Member
    Cool, yes If that is your thing, I think it would be a bad idea for a lot of people. I will stick with my Geissele trigger.
    Super Semi-Automatic (SSAź) Trigger
    airslot and Funkybassplayer like this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Cool, yes If that is your thing, I think it would be a bad idea for a lot of people. I will stick with my Geissele trigger.
    Super Semi-Automatic (SSAź) Trigger
    Cool idea and looks like it could be fun with enough loaded magazines that need to be emptied but I too will stick with my SSA!

-BTO-
    -BTO-

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkybassplayer View Post
    Cool idea and looks like it could be fun with enough loaded magazines that need to be emptied but I too will stick with my SSA!

-BTO-
    100 rd beta-mag happy happy lucky fun time.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkybassplayer View Post

-BTO-
    here is a cheaper way to unload your magazines fast
    http://www.maglula.com/Portals/0/ima...M16%20LULA.jpg
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    here is a cheaper way to unload your magazines fast
    http://www.maglula.com/Portals/0/ima...M16%20LULA.jpg
    Yup! I've got one of those and it does make unloading AND loading mags very quick.

-BTO-
    -BTO-

Chris, if it is just for something to "call your own" have fun with it. From a defensive standpoint it is worthless.....
    DetChris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Chris, if it is just for something to "call your own" have fun with it. From a defensive standpoint it is worthless.....
    It's definitely just for fun! I may consider it. It's rich.

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    It's definitely just for fun! I may consider it. It's rich.

I fully understand where you are coming from, sometimes you just want something that makes no sense at all. If you have the spare coin and just want to play around, go for it.
    DetChris likes this.

See me I would go for a slide-fire 10/22 or 22 ar with a drum mag ( it used to be cheaper) then rifle . Esp if you have ammo stock away

But I like this trigger esp the third switch idea ..

I mean other trigger can do this but they can only do this you can swtich from normal AR trigger to light trigger with this
    DetChris likes this.

Personally I like this trigger way more than the slide fire stocks. Just think those are ugly

-BTO-
    DetChris likes this.
    -BTO-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links