Kel-Tec downward eject bullpup

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec downward eject bullpup within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Kel-Tec Has Something Very Special for Bullpup Fans ? Two Unique Gun Designs?SHOT Show 2014 I'll definitely own a bullpup someday but something about a ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By DingBat
  • 4 Post By CR Williams
  • 1 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By Mikemgb
  • 1 Post By Fallschirmjäger
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 2 Post By rammerjammer
  • 1 Post By pittypat21

Thread: Kel-Tec downward eject bullpup

Kel-Tec downward eject bullpup

Kel-Tec Has Something Very Special for Bullpup Fans ? Two Unique Gun Designs?SHOT Show 2014

I'll definitely own a bullpup someday but something about a downward eject just seems a little odd. Spent casings right where you'd take a forward step and where your... umm... boy parts are. Almost prefer their BFE design instead. Or the Tavor's switchable ambi ejection port design.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    i just asked about the Tavor, it is switchable, but you have to buy a new left handed botl carrier, so not exactly a speed swap.

i like down eject, down leave your boy parts swinging in the breeze and i see no problem, that what belt are for. if you can't handle stepping on a few casings, then i guess a few pebbles or broken glass in a parking lot is a problem too?

If it's an issue of damaging reloadable brass, i guess get a catcher?

I guess, personally, though i have limited experience, i like bottom eject. i like it on BPS shotguns, and i like it for bull pups. getting brass in the face is never fun, plus the noise coming out of the ejection port is something i never liked about bull pup conversions i've shot before.

but i'm no expert...
    ArmyCop likes this.

Senior Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    P90 does it. AR57 does it (upper ejects through magwell of AR lower). Don't see issues with it this way.

Thing that bothers me about Kel-Tec is that they have come up with innovative designs whose main feature appears to be poor execution of the concept. The RFB had/has some problems, the KSG has/had some problems. I'm waiting to see what the problems are with this design now. I'd rather not be suspect. Wish I didn't have to be.
    My cats support the Second Amendment.

www.inshadowinlight.com

"Oh, bother," said Pooh as he rocked another mag into the 556R...

1900 dollars....Good grief.....
    Kavalander likes this.

The fs2000 moves them to the front of the gun and they trickly out .. And of course the ar57 and ps90 do as others mentions . Not a 100 on the aug..

I dont think the mas 223 is a downward bull pup ( but they are so rare )

As I saw in the comments Kel-Tec has some innovative designs but seems to lack the production capacity to address their demand. This results in a significant mark up at the dealer with people wondering why a $2000 product needs work to work right.

I'm another one who loves a bottom eject, I have it on my BPS. Observers can stand next to me without being pelted by shells and it helps keep water out of the gun when it is raining, yes, I shoot skeet and sporting clays with it, rain or shine.
    Kavalander likes this.

My 'boy parts' are always covered by at least two layers of cloth, something I can't always say about my eyes or down my back, or the collar of my shirt, Downward ejection seems preferable to hot brass in the eye or down the shirt, but I'm just funny that way. On hard pack, or a cement floored range, I can see a slight concern for stepping on rolling brass, but on grass or dirt? No. Might as well be afraid of a piece of gravel on the ground.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    My 'boy parts' are always covered by at least two layers of cloth, something I can't always say about my eyes or down my back, or the collar of my shirt, Downward ejection seems preferable to hot brass in the eye or down the shirt, but I'm just funny that way. On hard pack, or a cement floored range, I can see a slight concern for stepping on rolling brass, but on grass or dirt? No. Might as well be afraid of a piece of gravel on the ground.
    Yep learned that with a mp5sd and a tucked in shirt .. That is why I like hard ejecting or down ejecting guns
    pittypat21 likes this.

So Kel Tec has produced another unicorn.

Maybe they should focus on producing their existing lineup before they keep putting out new designs.
    WrongRecroom and Kavalander like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

TRX
    Two decades, and it hasn't shipped yet, and probably won't... but after the initial ***?!, I like it. Grendel GSG-1.

It's just an autoloading bullpup, except the stock is styled "sawed-off shotgun" instead of "tacti-cool." But I would never have thought of arranging the internals like that...

That's pretty much my ideal home defense shotgun, just my luck it never got made...
    Attached Images

Lead Moderator
    Better than flinging hot brass down your shirt, in your face , ect. Not really crazy about most Kelly tec designs.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Ooooohhh…I like the wood furniture.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Two decades, and it hasn't shipped yet, and probably won't... but after the initial ***?!, I like it. Grendel GSG-1.
    It's just an autoloading bullpup, except the stock is styled "sawed-off shotgun" instead of "tacti-cool." But I would never have thought of arranging the internals like that...
    That's pretty much my ideal home defense shotgun, just my luck it never got made...
    Gawds, yes, I wanted that to come true so much. It would have put the Mossie .410 HD in the dust.

Links