Daniel Defense V7

This is a discussion on Daniel Defense V7 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I figured we all love guns and dissemination is wrong, so I apologize for a non handgun thread. Planning on an AR this spring and ...

Thread: Daniel Defense V7

Daniel Defense V7

I figured we all love guns and dissemination is wrong, so I apologize for a non handgun thread.

Planning on an AR this spring and have decided on a Daniel Defense V7.
    I was looking at 2 Vets however I can't find enough reviews on them. However I have yet to hear one negative review on a DD.
    I'll be using it for defense, home and as a vehicle-get home gun. As well as varmint and deer hunting (with a scope and Barnes bullets).
    I like the weight of the rifle at just over six pounds. I already have a really heavy 22-250 and it's good in a dog town but terrible to hunt with.

Anyone have any experience with these rifles?

2. Remove Ads

I have the DD v4, and love it. I put a Burris 5x36 scope with a burris fast fire III on top of that. DD makes great guns, and I too have never heard a bad thing about them. They just released the MK 12 at the shot show, looks interesting.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    A very fine rifle indeed. I am currently building the M7 myself. Just ordered the barrel last night. I don't think you will find a bad review of DD.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I got a V5 for Christmas and I absolutely love it. Everything I have heard about 2Vets has been positive, and they are on my short list of acquisitions.

Good deal!!! I'd really like two or three. I need a defensive rifle to keep in my car. Work takes me into some shady areas like Western Nodak and some bigger cities. A rifle could be handy. Good excuse anyways to buy an AR.
    I'd probably get a 6.8 upper for deer later on and a dedicated praise dog upper. But that's a while off.

Give 'er a little wing tip! A little wing tip!

I have a Daniel Defense V4, V5 and V7. Great build quality and a great choice for an AR.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

When I do get an EBR it will probably be a Daniel Defense or Bravo Manufacturing Co.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Links