Ruger 10/22 Mags

Ruger 10/22 Mags

This is a discussion on Ruger 10/22 Mags within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi All, I've got an old (~40 years) 10/22, but I'm looking real hard at the new takedown version. Anybody know for sure that the ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Kilowatt3
  • 2 Post By Paladin3840
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By Once
  • 2 Post By Greghan

Thread: Ruger 10/22 Mags

Ruger 10/22 Mags

Hi All,

I've got an old (~40 years) 10/22, but I'm looking real hard at the new takedown version.

Anybody know for sure that the mags are all the same throughout the 10/22's history? It would be a real plus if I could be assured of complete interchangeability between the Old and the Brand New!

TIA
    Eric357 likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

First 10/22 bought in 1969. Still going strong. Second 10/22 bought 2013 (not a take down). The magazines interchange just fine.
    Eric357 and Kilowatt3 like this.

You getting the tactial takedown version? I think it is worth it for the thread barrel .

And last I hear the 10 round rotary mags have always been the same .. Ditto the bx25
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Hi All,

I've got an old (~40 years) 10/22, but I'm looking real hard at the new takedown version.

Anybody know for sure that the mags are all the same throughout the 10/22's history? It would be a real plus if I could be assured of complete interchangeability between the Old and the Brand New!

TIA
    Absolutely certain. The specific construction details changed a little bit, but Ruger mags I bought within the past 6 months work perfectly in my 1965 (first full year of production) gun.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Fantastic, fellows! Thanks for the confirmation!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    No problems here
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

I just ordered a takedown with camo, steel barrel, with flash suppressor. Comes with the tan bag instead of the black bag. Can't wait for it to come in. My 11 year old son told me I had to get one because he doesn't want me to keep shooting his! Lol
    Kilowatt3 and ws76133 like this.

I have a 10-22 that I've had for 20 years and the Butler Creek 25R mags work just fine.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

I bought my10-22 in 1968......and I shoot it a half dozen times a year.....Bought my two boys their 10-22's many years later and the mags all work.....I purchased the Ruger BX-25 mag this pass summer and it works like a charm.......

Sponsored Links