Moore's Machine AR Lower

Moore's Machine AR Lower

This is a discussion on Moore's Machine AR Lower within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't really "need" another AR, but was thinking of putting up an extra lower or two for a rainy day. I see a good ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Moore's Machine AR Lower

Moore's Machine AR Lower

I don't really "need" another AR, but was thinking of putting up an extra lower or two for a rainy day. I see a good price on a "Moore's Machine" complete (aluminum) lower.

Never heard of this brand, and I'm curious if anyone knows anything about them. Are they no-name junk, or decent stuff that I just never heard of? TIA
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Not sure what you are paying for the Moore's Machine lower but if you are just looking to stock up on an extra lower I would look at Palmetto State Armory. Right now a lot of their stuff is out of stock but they still have complete lowers (blemished) for $149.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    Not sure what you are paying for the Moore's Machine lower but if you are just looking to stock up on an extra lower I would look at Palmetto State Armory. Right now a lot of their stuff is out of stock but they still have complete lowers (blemished) for $149.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

I believe that would be a better choice, but the only "blemished" complete lowers I'm seeing on PSA are the Kalifornia-compliant. Don't think I want one of those!
    Aceoky likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion!

I believe that would be a better choice, but the only "blemished" complete lowers I'm seeing on PSA are the Kalifornia-compliant. Don't think I want one of those!
    That does not mean anything belive it or not ... Unless it is said it has a bullet button it does not ...

What the deal is back in 89 CA banned a lot of lowers by name .. All this most lkly means that it like many new lower out here is not banned by name ... There is no bullet button more then likly as if you were to put or make this a 22lr rifle there is no need for one .. The stock should not be pined either as CA allow all of that ( folding stocks etc) if there is a bullet button....

But I could be wrong though ...

Anyhow back to what your were asking do you mean this lower AR-15 Complete Lower Receiver by Moore's Machine Company

If so the only real problem I see is that it is commercial spec so not all stocks will work ( not sure if there is a conversion kit or something ) I just stick with mil spec for the parts ease
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

All I can offer is this pdb : Bottom Of The Barrel: A Look At The Moores Machine Co. AR-15

It is hard to say these days what a good AR verus not is due to how many makers are out there ..

Sillman Cartridge Company - I got screwed Review 266299 Apr 11, Asheville, North Carolina, Ar-15 @ Pissed Consumer

It is either a really good or really bad sign if you have never heard of a gun or maker before .. Either it is some gym that will go big or a disatore wanting to happen.. At most your out 250 so no big loss I would say
    Eric357 and Kilowatt3 like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    ...Anyhow back to what your were asking do you mean this lower AR-15 Complete Lower Receiver by Moore's Machine Company...
    Yep, that's the one.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    All I can offer is this pdb : Bottom Of The Barrel: A Look At The Moores Machine Co. AR-15

It is hard to say these days what a good AR verus not is due to how many makers are out there ..

Sillman Cartridge Company - I got screwed Review 266299 Apr 11, Asheville, North Carolina, Ar-15 @ Pissed Consumer...
    Well, this pretty well answers my question!

Thanks!
    Eric357 likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

Yep, that's the one.

Well, this pretty well answers my question!

Thanks!
    To add also try not to buy any Polymer lowers some are ok but others like the ATI I think had a lot of problems with the butstock cracking

SPIKE'S TACTICAL COMPLETE LOWER M4 STOCK STLC200-SBS

I mean a Spikes is oh about 260 or so + howevr much the dealer fee is .. That is a fine lower

DPMS for 251

DPMS Panther Lower Receiver 5.56mm Black Complete AP4 Stock for sale - LR-05-AP4 - Tombstone Tactical

Lower end but ok as well ( may not be mil spec

And it looks like your right the PSA lower for CA do have a bullet button which is odd as CA laws said unless you put a centerfire upper on it you dont need one DPMS Panther Lower Receiver 5.56mm Black Complete AP4 Stock for sale - LR-05-AP4 - Tombstone Tactical

So your were right there my bad

I tell you, for me the AR world gets very confusing.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    I tell you, for me the AR world gets very confusing.
    Just wait till you get into non USA made guns and the fun fun world of 922R parts count and the 68 import ban the 89 import ban the 94 import ban and so on .. That will make your head spin .. Well that and NFA laws

Really most AR from a Name brand company are all about one in the same at least for the lower .. Some have differnt material or location of the saftey etc but they are all about the same imop.. Some just look nicer or have metal or plastic parts ...
    Eric357 likes this.

Honestly several months ago I was considering the possibility of an AK. I found an AK board and started reading. I thought forget it. I don't want one that bad. I've always been more of a traditional rifle/gun person but thinking its time I step into this century and update a few guns.

AR's are daunting at first, but then you start to realize that what is boggling your head is 20+ different manufacturers making the same thing, but adding some extra word to make it sound better than the other guy's.

First off, do some searching here on "Newb* AR" and "First AR" and READ. Do your research on what you need, what you want, and what to avoid, then do your shopping around. Buy once, Cry once.

You were looking at a complete lower, I would go with PSA, BCM, Daniel Defense, or Colt (if you can find one). If you wanted to save some money, buy a stripped lower (cheaper) and then the lower parts kit and stock kit. PSA has several options when they are in stock, at a really good price. Make sure it is the PSA brand, not Ptac. Palmetto State Armory Premium Classic Lower Build Kit and Lower Receivers - Lower Parts - AR-15 whenever they get them back in stock (check it daily). It will be a good starter option, probably land you in the $170s for the lower. Then pick an upper from the same list above.

If you just wanted to buy a complete lower and complete upper, PSA, BCM, DD, and Colt again are your best bet, and value for the money. Or you could just buy a complete Colt 6920 for around $1k and be done with it - overall the best bang for your buck for an out the door complete. Next would be a PSA for a bit cheaper, but still a decent quality, then a BCM for slightly more and best quality.

Honestly if I were to ever buy an off the rack rifle, for a backup, or keep at my cabin, PSA 16'' PA-15 HF SS12G2 Carbine - Palmetto State Armory - Rifles - Firearms this would be the one. Comes with a top of the line $400 optic, and the components are made of the right stuff.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    AR's are daunting at first, but then you start to realize that what is boggling your head is 20+ different manufacturers making the same thing...

First off, do some searching here on "Newb* AR" and "First AR" and READ. Do your research on what you need, what you want, and what to avoid, then do your shopping around. Buy once, Cry once...
    I appreciate your advice, but I think you misinterpreted my OP.

I'm not really a "Newb*", and I'm not looking for my first AR - or my second, or my third:

I don't really "need" another AR, but was thinking of putting up an extra lower or two for a rainy day...
    I thought it might be a good idea to have a couple extra lowers in the closet for several reasons; spare parts, rainy-day tinkering, and/or just in case they should become [ahem] "harder to come by" in the future.

I have researched AR's quite well over the last forty years or so, and I don't think my head is boggled in the least. I saw what looked like a pretty good deal on the Moore's lower, and just hadn't seen or heard anything about the brand. Thought someone here might have experience with them.

Judging from WRR's links, it appears they're crap. I really expect that if I do buy some more lowers, they'll most likely be PSA's. I've also seen some M&P 15 lowers at a pretty decent price, and wouldn't hesitate to get one of those, either, for my purposes.

Thanks again for your reply.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Honestly if I were to ever buy an off the rack rifle, for a backup, or keep at my cabin, PSA 16'' PA-15 HF SS12G2 Carbine - Palmetto State Armory - Rifles - Firearms this would be the one. Comes with a top of the line $400 optic, and the components are made of the right stuff.
    Do you happen to know what they're getting for those? The link shows they're out of stock at the moment, and they're not listing a price.

Thanks.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

Sorry Kilowatt3 - my post was directed at Eric357.

Anyhow, when PSA has that PRO rifle package in stock, they are typically $1000 - $1200 - depending on design (flat top vs A2 style). So you are pretty much getting a $600 - $800 rifle and a $400 optic. The Premium rifles include the high quality receiver extension (7075) and FCG, and IIRC their premium BCG that is HP and MPI tested, barrel by FN. Good entry level rifle, almost on par with BCM and/or Colts entry level ARs.

Another $300 to change out the grip, stock, charging handle, and BUIS if you wanted to.

Both of my ARs are running PSA lowers and LPK (the Mk12 has a Geissele FCG), one with their premium auto BCG, and with 8k+ rounds down range and 3, 2 day training classes, I have not had an operational problem with either one that I did not create. I can not attest to their uppers, other than I have not heard or read anything bad about them.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links