Yay! I did it myself! AR lefty upgrades.

This is a discussion on Yay! I did it myself! AR lefty upgrades. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Oh, I was sweating this. I got the Colt LE6920MP-B last summer. It took about 6 months to acquire the parts and the intestinal fortitude ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Firearm.Fan.Girl
  • 2 Post By lionround
  • 1 Post By Aceoky
  • 1 Post By Popeye5782

Thread: Yay! I did it myself! AR lefty upgrades.

Yay! I did it myself! AR lefty upgrades.

Oh, I was sweating this. I got the Colt LE6920MP-B last summer. It took about 6 months to acquire the parts and the intestinal fortitude to install them myself. YouTube was my best friend for this one! These parts were all to change this AR out so I could shoot it lefty without contorting to get at the controls. This morning, with cup of coffee in hand, I sat at the kitchen table and said "I am going to do this and not mess up!" Here's what I added/changed:

Sling Attachment
    Magazine Release
    Safety Selector Switch

All 3 went on really stupid simple. I had previously changed the charging handle and installed a BAD lever. I had to remove the BAD lever to get the magazine release on but that took 2 seconds. All together I was at it for about an hour.

Now, it's off to NRA Hi-Power Rifle matches!
    Attached Images
    SIXTO, rocky, Aceoky and 2 others like this.
    Carpe Diem

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    That's awesome. My wife is a lefty and always complains that guns just aren't made for lefties. You proved her wrong.
    Firearm.Fan.Girl and Aceoky like this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

That is just awesome - my wife is very strong about IF she wants something done she IS going to do it (herself) and she will too! (proud husband of nearly 32 years early next month)
    Firearm.Fan.Girl likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Good work! Be careful with that red loctite, blue might be a better option if you ever need to remove parts.
    Firearm.Fan.Girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye5782 View Post
    Good work! Be careful with that red loctite, blue might be a better option if you ever need to remove parts.
    It is the blue loctite! (Funny it comes in a red tube but it is 242 blue). Thanks for the tip.
    Carpe Diem

Links