I am going to hate myself in the morning

This is a discussion on I am going to hate myself in the morning within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I am trying to beat the addiction hopefully there is a 2,000 step process. I purchased my SCAR Heavy last year and absolutely love ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: I am going to hate myself in the morning

VIP Member

Well I am trying to beat the addiction hopefully there is a 2,000 step process.

I purchased my SCAR Heavy last year and absolutely love it, lightest recoiling .308 battle rifle I have ever owned. I have thought about getting the SCAR light several times but prices being what they are I just waited.

Well today my friend went to her local gun shop to look at Glocks, that is for another post, I simply asked here if there were any AR's as she is wanting one the owner stated that he did not have any however he did have two SCAR's one Heavy and one Light.

Again with skype going full swing I was explaining to her the features of the SCAR, she has seen mine but never shot it, and the owner was pointing them out as we talked. When I asked what the price was I was kind of shocked, $2250 out the door. I jumped on gunbroker and checked prices and this was a little less so I started looking closer. Video can be sort of deceptive and about that time the owner said "yeah the Flat Dark Earth models take awhile to get". I could stand it no more. I know there is nothing a SCAR can do that an AR can't but if the Heavy model is that light recoiling I can only imagine what this will be. I then found a 10" barrel assembly for it on gunbroker for $1150. I think I will wait on that.

SCAR 16.jpg

By the way if I remember right jonconsiglio started me on the SCAR thing a long time ago so I will blame him.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

Buyer's remorse is usually less about the purchase and more about...the buyer. I'm with ya' on the SCAR(s), Well Done!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    you show me a man uses the words... "too many guns" in conjunction and i will show you a man ain't no friend of mine...

well done sir.

about the only other thing i can think of getting as much enjoyment out of $2k is an "all inclusive" stay at the bunny ranch. AND you'd spen the $1k at the clinic a week later...

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    That is gorgouse.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

We are enablers. There is no multi step process here
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    We are enablers. There is no multi step process here
    sure there is...

step 1) buy gun
    2)buy ammo
    3) shoot gun
    4)smile

rinse and repeat
    tdave, Badey, SteelerFan and 3 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Well I am trying to beat the addiction hopefully there is a 2,000 step process.

I purchased my SCAR Heavy last year and absolutely love it, lightest recoiling .308 battle rifle I have ever owned. I have thought about getting the SCAR light several times but prices being what they are I just waited.

Well today my friend went to her local gun shop to look at Glocks, that is for another post, I simply asked here if there were any AR's as she is wanting one the owner stated that he did not have any however he did have two SCAR's one Heavy and one Light.

Again with skype going full swing I was explaining to her the features of the SCAR, she has seen mine but never shot it, and the owner was pointing them out as we talked. When I asked what the price was I was kind of shocked, $2250 out the door. I jumped on gunbroker and checked prices and this was a little less so I started looking closer. Video can be sort of deceptive and about that time the owner said "yeah the Flat Dark Earth models take awhile to get". I could stand it no more. I know there is nothing a SCAR can do that an AR can't but if the Heavy model is that light recoiling I can only imagine what this will be. I then found a 10" barrel assembly for it on gunbroker for $1150. I think I will wait on that.

SCAR 16.jpg

By the way if I remember right jonconsiglio started me on the SCAR thing a long time ago so I will blame him.
    Oh do it , you know you want to
    tdave likes this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

If you regret it that much, send it to me to get it out of sight.

Is there still room for you and the guns in the same house? If not get a bigger house.
    gatorbait51 and Kavalander like this.

VIP Member
    Be sure to have a good gun safe to store these in, thieves are out and abt..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

LMAO..you actually did it...Nice.....

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Be sure to have a good gun safe to store these in, thieves are out and abt..
    and be darn careful when you take your entire gun collection boating. Tragedies happen that way....

Awesome, sweet and in time you will get over the buyer remorse so enjoy.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

The only remorse I have associated with my SCARs is ever being dumb enough to sell them. Great rifles.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalander View Post
    sure there is...

step 1) buy gun
    2)buy ammo
    3) shoot gun
    4)smile

rinse and repeat
    Amen buddy
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links