Thoughts on my newest addition: the Colt LE6920

This is a discussion on Thoughts on my newest addition: the Colt LE6920 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yup I took the plunge. I ponied up (get it?) and got myself a Colt LE6920! Did away with my entry level DB-15 and Del-Ton ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Thoughts on my newest addition: the Colt LE6920

Yup I took the plunge. I ponied up (get it?) and got myself a Colt LE6920! Did away with my entry level DB-15 and Del-Ton Sport. Both were great rifles that never let me down but I decided I love the AR platform enough to buy a true fighting rifle. No pics yet but this is what I got at my favorite LGS:

Colt LE6920 AR15 M4 Carbine 16" Barrel, 1 In 7" Twist, 223/5.56, 1 Magazine - Impact Guns

It was pricey and I noticed how absolutely rudimentary it was. Aside from the Mapgul MBUS rear sight and PMAG there were no frills at all. Sans the Magpul doodads it could have come straight from boot camp.

I then realized how much it ran parallel to Glocks. They're plain as Jane, they are unremarkable but they (are widely reported to) run like sewing machines. The gun that will outshoot, outlast and outfight all other AR's. That's the main reason I bought it. It's my new fighting gun. In the same vein as my Glocks. When it comes to self defense, no compromises. It's a tier 1 fighting rifle and pistol. Colt and Glock.

Anyway I was just stating how unremarkable the LE6920 appears in person. It is not a looker. It's almost butt ugly compared to Daniel Defense and LMT offerings. Heck even my old Del-ton Sport looked better! But my faith is placed in the fine details. And I'm sure it will serve me and my family well for decades to come. Plus, the cosmetic issues can be easily remedied with some Magpul goodness that I just purchased :D

Pictures of the gussied up Colt soon!

Anyone else have thoughts or experiences with the LE6920? How do you like yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Yup I took the plunge. I ponied up (get it?) and got myself a Colt LE6920! Did away with my entry level DB-15 and Del-Ton Sport. Both were great rifles that never let me down but I decided I love the AR platform enough to buy a true fighting rifle. No pics yet but this is what I got at my favorite LGS:

Colt LE6920 AR15 M4 Carbine 16" Barrel, 1 In 7" Twist, 223/5.56, 1 Magazine - Impact Guns

It was pricey and I noticed how absolutely rudimentary it was. Aside from the Mapgul MBUS rear sight and PMAG there were no frills at all. Sans the Magpul doodads it could have come straight from boot camp.

I then realized how much it ran parallel to Glocks. They're plain as Jane, they are unremarkable but they (are widely reported to) run like sewing machines. The gun that will outshoot, outlast and outfight all other AR's. That's the main reason I bought it. It's my new fighting gun. In the same vein as my Glocks. When it comes to self defense, no compromises. It's a tier 1 fighting rifle and pistol. Colt and Glock.

Anyway I was just stating how unremarkable the LE6920 appears in person. It is not a looker. It's almost butt ugly compared to Daniel Defense and LMT offerings. Heck even my old Del-ton Sport looked better! But my faith is placed in the fine details. And I'm sure it will serve me and my family well for decades to come. Plus, the cosmetic issues can be easily remedied with some Magpul goodness that I just purchased :D

Pictures of the gussied up Colt soon!

Anyone else have thoughts or experiences with the LE6920? How do you like yours?

I love when people say the part in bold. It means they never ran the gun.

Congrats on the Colt. You should like your new purchase....

Edit to add: I like mine.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Colts are pretty much considered low tier AR15's. Kidding! That is a fine rifle that will serve you well. Just remember to gauge the actual importance of add-ons before you add on them on. Many are there just to be tacticool, some are actually useful, few are necessities. Congrats!
    DetChris and gatorbait51 like this.

Mine is stock with a carry handle and iron sights. I am very happy with it.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Good choice! I was shopping for an "upper tier" AR a few months ago. It was narrowed down to a Colt just like yours and a Daniel Defense V5. The Colt was everything that fit the bill of what I "needed," but the DD was what I wanted.

Colt had a wall of rifles up at the Harrisburg Outdoor Show that included an M16 style AR. It has moved to the top of my shopping list.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Your saying this is ugly?

DetChris that's exactly the one I'm considering.I was seriously considering the Sig m400, but seems most people consider the colt a better gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    DetChris that's exactly the one I'm considering.I was seriously considering the Sig m400, but seems most people consider the colt a better gun.
    It's funny you mentioned the Sig M400. That was sitting side by side with the Colt at my LGS. I was handling both. The Sig looked nicer, had more cool Magpul doodads and had an ambi mag release plus quick release sling holes on both sides. And it was $100 cheaper than the Colt. I still ended up buying the plain Jane Colt. I just didn't want to buy something that I'd regret and trade in a few years later. The Colt will be here to stay.

gatorbait51 and atctimmy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greyeyezz View Post
    Your saying this is ugly?

Magpul makes everything better :)

gatorbait51 likes this.

Administrator
    The Colt is like a truly beautiful woman. Its beautiful as is, or you can fancy it up with add ons and make up and its still beautiful. Some of the others... well, lipsticks and pigs comes to mind.
    DetChris, Eric357, OD* and 3 others like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Great rifle you got there! I myself have a sig m400 it has been great and I believe is also a fantastic rifle, will not argue with the pedigree and track record of the colt though.
    DetChris, pat701 and Eric357 like this.

You made a great purchase and I am very confident that you will have zero regrets and that you will have it for a long time to come.
    Here's a picture of mine with just a few cosmetic features added starting with an MI rail.
    DetChris, Eric357 and Aceoky like this.
    It's Range Time!

The 6920 Colt is a standard to judge others by. While there are other great ones ,how do you go wrong with a Colt.
    How you dress it up is a personal choice no right no wrong.
    Enjoy.
    pat701, DetChris, Eric357 and 1 others like this.

Just a little over priced IMHO, but you bought a great AR. You will never look back
    DetChris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ex95B10 View Post
    You made a great purchase and I am very confident that you will have zero regrets and that you will have it for a long time to come.
    Here's a picture of mine with just a few cosmetic features added starting with an MI rail.
    May I ask about the rifle case? Who makes it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links