FN 49

This is a discussion on FN 49 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone have any experience with an FN 49? LGS has one that looks really nice....

Thread: FN 49

FN 49

Anyone have any experience with an FN 49? LGS has one that looks really nice.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I believe there are a couple different calibers, what caliber are you looking at? ( that would affect the price and how often you can shoot it)
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I believe there are a couple different calibers, what caliber are you looking at? ( that would affect the price and how often you can shoot it)
    Thanks for your reply!

The one I saw is a .30-06. I'm guessing it's a Luxembourg contract gun, but dunno for sure. I didn't take real good note of the markings when I saw it. I'll have to take a closer look at it, maybe tomorrow. Doing a little research this evening.

Any idea of the value, in VG condition?
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Calguns has a whole c&r section and can answer a lot of question I bet also I am sure there is a lot of c&r foroums out there

What I do know is many of the thouse in 30 cal done in state were not done well at all ..

Key is what caliber as Buckwhat said.. 7.5 french can be tricky to find at times

Collectors Love The FN-49 Rifle | Gun Digest
    FN Model 1949 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also here is he manual http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/fn_fn49.pdf
    https://www.apexgunparts.com/index.php/cPath/81 parts

School me on FN-49's [Archive] - Calguns.net
    FN 49 Info
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    ...Key is what caliber as Buckwhat said.. 7.5 french can be tricky to find at times...
    Thanks for the links.

As I said, the one I looked at is a .30-06. I'm not aware that the 49 was ever produced in 7.5mmx54, except for a single prototype.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

Well, I got pretty excited about the FN 49, but after taking a closer look - not so much.

Turned out it is an Egyptian (not Luxembourg) contract gun, and is in 8mm Mauser rather than .30-06 (it was miss-marked in the store). The barrel is pretty badly shot out.

Oh well.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

Links