AR trigger suggestions

AR trigger suggestions

This is a discussion on AR trigger suggestions within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a colt LE6920 and was looking to upgrade the trigger. I have done some research and I am leaning toward the geissele,either the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hardluk1

Thread: AR trigger suggestions

AR trigger suggestions

I have a colt LE6920 and was looking to upgrade the trigger. I have done some research and I am leaning toward the geissele,either the SSA or SG2. Does anyone have experience with either or both of these? Any other options I should be weighing?
    I mostly just punch holes in paper but at some point my look into some 3 gun action as well. Not looking for a match trigger,needs to be 4#+. Will be a shtf gun as well.
    Thanks for any feedback.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I have the Geislle super dynamic 3 gun trigger. My favorite trigger I've ever used it shoots super fast and very crisp. Ive used it for everything including hunting awesome trigger.

No creep and it goes off when you tell it!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I'm running the Geissele SSAE in my DPMS AR10. The 15 gets one next.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

I also run a Geissele SSA in my AR15 and find it a big improvement over stock. I would not go back, it's a lot of money for a small part, but I would recommend it, it helped my grouping at 200 yards by reducing my spread from 4" to less than 3".

Gary

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Look at the ALG (Amy Geissele) They are very good and cheaper than daddy's. ALG defense Custom triggers. If you want to spend a little money, check out the USM4 products., or Hyperfire. Wilson Combat makes a good drop in unit as well.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I run a Jewell trigger on my varmint AR. Also shoot some Military Service Rifle competition, so it's set at 4#. Not the easiest to get "just right", but once you get it there, it stays exactly...JUST RIGHT!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    You could start off the low cost tune up and change the 3 spring in your with a JP kit-
    JP Rifles
    And a adjustable grip screw to take up the pre-travel-
    Purchase AR 15 Trigger Adjuster

There some you tube videos that will walk you thru some cheaper pre-travel tricks and general improvments too.
    Pete63 likes this.

VIP Member
    Geissele or Jewel

the Jewel match is adjustable break and slack, it is also cheaper than the Geissele. The Geissele is much easier to install, take me like 2 minutes it will take you 5 minutes on your first one. The Jewel is a pain in the back side to install.

For hunting,basic matches fun shooting the Geissele if you want to win matches then go for the Jewel.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I had the opportunity to try a Geissele SSA at an outdoors show a few weeks ago and it was wonderful. I'm going to build up a third AR from scratch (my second build), and I'll probably switch out the trigger in my Daniel Defense rifle for the SSA once I refresh my memory on AR triggers.

Sponsored Links