Looking at a windham AR15.

This is a discussion on Looking at a windham AR15. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Do any of you have a Windham AR15? Any good? $969.00 Thanks for any advice. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By Smitty901
  • 1 Post By ashamans
  • 1 Post By Gaius
  • 1 Post By kpw

Thread: Looking at a windham AR15.

Do any of you have a Windham AR15? Any good? $969.00
    Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windham is a good AR they were they company that started Bushmaster when they were a good AR. They were bought out went down in the ranking fast..
    They latter returned a Windham. Few bucks more right now you can have a Colt .Only you can decide if it is worth it to you.

Windham is the old bushmaster plane in Maine .... They are good for what they are .... 969 seems very high to me what model you looking at ? These tend to be the lower end ARs ie bushmaster dpms etc in terms of price but a bit more quialtiy ... Unless that is a comp model that seems high ...

Also a colt 6920 is about 1k now so .....
    FLSlim and Aceoky like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Ok it's the 5.56 with upgraded barrel and lower.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I would look into PSA. They will have sales on their ARs quite frequently, and you can get an FN barrel CHF for that price. Go on their site and sign up for their sales updates and they will let you know when and what their selling, on sale.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Do not confuse the Bushmaster of today with the one Windham made before being bought out same name different weapons.
    Aceoky likes this.

Most windems msrp for about 1k and sell for $700, if you want a good lost cost gun these are it. For 1k look at tier 1
    DetChris likes this.
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

I'd save up a few more $100 and get a Colt. Or go el cheapo and buy a Del-ton or Bushmaster entry level for slightly north of $600. All depends on what you're using it for. Casual shooting: Del-ton, Bushy, DPMS or Stag. For betting your life on: Colt, DD, LMT.

I actually own one, an MPC. Unlike the "high end" stuff, my MPC has fired a few thousand rounds without one, not one problem. It will shoot MOA at 100 yds, and I still can't find a flaw in fit or finish. So, as many will say, apart from complete reliability, great accuracy, and great fit and finish, you really should spend some more on a Colt or a DD or something else. Much better bragging rights if you do.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

kpw
    I don't know the model your looking at but the base MPC runs $799 around here. The SRC is $749 at a local shop. The same shop has a few 6920s for $879! Most are over $1000. For $180, I'd go with the Colt but for $300ish? I'm not so sure anymore.
    BCG, same specs. Barrel, same specs, except 1:9 twist and batch tested, not individual. Commercial buffer tube and standard buffer. A2 FSB.

I picked up a new MPC with an Aimpoint Pro in trade not too long ago. I got it for my soon to be wife and she loves it. I have to say, it's a great shooter. I won't say it's as good as my 6920 (I just can't!) but it's head and shoulders above many of it's competitors.
    Aceoky likes this.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Sponsored Links