Rock River Arms.

Rock River Arms.

This is a discussion on Rock River Arms. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looking into a LAR-8 in .308. Any experience with this manufacture and their products?...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SIXTO
  • 1 Post By Gaius

Thread: Rock River Arms.

Rock River Arms.

Looking into a LAR-8 in .308. Any experience with this manufacture and their products?

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Only been around there 223 wylde varmint rifles. No one makes a more accurate production rifle with .300 moa possible with national match ammo. Don't expect a heavy barreled 308 to be anything but accurate. There are enough reviews on some of the very different lar-8 configurations to decide the version you want and find some feed back on it.

Administrator
    I really like RRA rifles for their accuracy, if you intend on using it as a high volume fighting rifle I'd look elsewhere.
    Chorizo likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    I don't have a .308 but I own a LAR-15 that has been a very good rifle.I can attest that there customer service is very good.I broke the bolt release/catch paddle while doing some rough and tumble drills............I sent them the rifle they fixed it free no questions asked.

I
    The easy way is always mined.

I too have the LAR 15 and love it. It is without a doubt as good as the 1/2 MOA they claim. I like the feel of the two stage trigger as well. Have shot a coyote or two, or maybe a lot more, with it over the past two years.

I have a carbine LAR15. Great gun with an excellent trigger. The biggest complaints seem to come from the folks who say that an AR15 must be mil spec.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I really like RRA rifles for their accuracy, if you intend on using it as a high volume fighting rifle I'd look elsewhere.
    This comment is interesting to me. Could you elaborate? Thanks.

Extremely accurate rifles. 3/4 MOA all day with the right ammo.

As a company, they are great. Here's the story. I bought a new national Match 223 and when I first checked it out, felt that the trigger wasn't quite "National Match" quality. Feeling frisky, I gave then a phone call. A real person answered. I told them, the issue and I was immediately transferred to one of their techs. He says they would be happy to send me a return box for the lower and they would check it out. However, he noted that I lived just outside of Chicago. He said if I wanted, I could just drive down to them and drop it off. Ask for Joe the trigger guy. Well, for the heck of it, about a week later I and my wife took a drive down to the RRA facility. I did not call them or say i was coming. We got there and walked in the front door. I told the lady sitting there i wanted to see "Joe the trigger guy". A couple minutes latter,, you guessed it, out walks Joe. (Forgive me if I got his first name wrong. It's been a while). He looks at the rifle, and takes it in back. He comes out about 15 minutes later and says to now try it. It was outstanding. They did everything but offer to take me out to lunch, and if it were a bit later probably would have done that. They got a customer for life. Try some of this service with certain other companies. Also, the NM shoots sub MOA at 100.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Links