Just Acquired an AK-47

Just Acquired an AK-47

This is a discussion on Just Acquired an AK-47 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Took the plunge. I felt it was the least I could do to make me feel better about Nancy Pelosi coming to power. Just bought ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just Acquired an AK-47

Just Acquired an AK-47

Took the plunge. I felt it was the least I could do to make me feel better about Nancy Pelosi coming to power.

Just bought a Yugo with three 30 round mags. I've field stripped it and cleaned it and can't wait to shoot it. (Won't be able to for a couple of weeks though)

Now all I need is one of the "scary black rifles" and my journey to the dark side will be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Took the plunge. I felt it was the least I could do to make me feel better about Nancy Pelosi coming to power.

Just bought a Yugo with three 30 round mags. I've field stripped it and cleaned it and can't wait to shoot it. (Won't be able to for a couple of weeks though)

Now all I need is one of the "scary black rifles" and my journey to the dark side will be complete.
    Good plan! Congrats on your new AK
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Cool congrats! I was going to buy one this week but decided to buy the wife a glock first. It will probably have to wait till next month...maybe

Administrator
    Extremely versatile & useful SHTF Firearm.
    Every home should have at least one AK.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Congratulations, Paul. They are good guns. Enjoy.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

you are doomed.

the dark side has claimed you, and you will have to buy more than one of each.

Senior Moderator
    Extremely versatile & useful SHTF Firearm.
    Every home should have at least one AK.
    Yep...and with the Dems in power they'll never be cheaper than they are now. Im seriously thinking of buying another.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    People, you don't need to worry about the Dems so much. Sure, some of them would love to ban all guns. And the so-called Republican President has said he supports the assault-rifle ban. But remember many of the dems got into office by acting and sounding very conservative. They have to act a little conservative or they know they'll get bounced out in two years.

There will be some scary bills introduced, but I don't think any of them are going to pass through the House and I am confident that some of our conservative Republicans in the US Senate would be happy to filibuster anything that did make it through the House.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    Congrats you'll have lots of fun with it. Too bad the cost of ammo has gone up.

I need to find some where I can buy multiple extra mags for my AK.
    I think !0 would be a good nunber to start with, but like allways mony gets to be a problem. I really bought mine for as I was growing up was called a "wall hanger". I guess now they are called Save Queens. I plan on using it to hunt with once, just to say I shot a deer with a semiauto. My main hunting rifle will always be a leveraction.

I have allways wanted a AK since the Viet Nam War. Just because.
    It could get dangerouse to finances though if I were to start trying to get one of each type.

Senior Moderator
    you don't need to worry about the Dems so much.
    Yeah...that what I was told when Bill Clinton ran for President. Up till then he hadnt been the rapid anti-gun fanatic that he turned into as President.

Funny how they all change once they get elected.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    People, you don't need to worry about the Dems so much. Sure, some of them would love to ban all guns. And the so-called Republican President has said he supports the assault-rifle ban. But remember many of the dems got into office by acting and sounding very conservative. They have to act a little conservative or they know they'll get bounced out in two years.

There will be some scary bills introduced, but I don't think any of them are going to pass through the House and I am confident that some of our conservative Republicans in the US Senate would be happy to filibuster anything that did make it through the House.
    Well that on;y means we have two years to get what we want before they show their true colors? Besudes with our ever-printed dollar (i.e real inflation not that garbage they talk about in the news) prices will only go up from here. So BUY BUY BUY!

esp. ammo that really is the weak link to owning guns.

Quote Originally Posted by phoen1x View Post
    Well that on;y means we have two years to get what we want before they show their true colors? Besudes with our ever-printed dollar (i.e real inflation not that garbage they talk about in the news) prices will only go up from here. So BUY BUY BUY!

esp. ammo that really is the weak link to owning guns.
    7.62x39 still seems to be reasonably priced, if you don't mind it being the Wolf or Bear Russian stuff. I was however shocked at what .223 prices are now. I just got an SKS , and it was a pleasant surprise to see that the 7,62 was significantly less than the 223. I've heard that the US military is using up a lot more 223 for the last 3-4 years and that has eliminated the large amounts that used to go to surplus. If I get another rifle I think I'll get an AK rather than an AR just to make the ammo issue work out more conveniently. (plus with my low level of marksmanship, reliable is more important than accurate)

I bought a Romanian AK (WASR-10) a couple of years ago. I love it.

Honestly, it would not seem like a bad idea to me for our troops to carry AK's in the desert. This rifle will fire when dirty, full of sand and grit, rusted...whatever. It works much better than the M-16.
    It field strips much easier than the M-16 too. When you own one and strip it the first time you really understand why the gun is so darn popular around the world. It is a very simple gun. It works every time too.

I bought mine because I think every home should have at least one battle rifle for the general SHTF situation. And, as paraniod as this might be, since pretty much every enemy we have carries the AK as their army's rifle, if we are ever invaded, these things, their magazines and the ammo will be easy to find on the bodies of the dead invaders. So I want a gun that I can scavage ammo and mags easily.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

The cost of the ammo was a pleasant surprise. I picked out the gun and as they were doing the background check, one of the guys took me over to the ammo section to show me what they had.

I ended up get a bunch of the Wolf when I saw that I could get it for about 22 cents a round. I noticed that Cheaper-than-Dirt has them for less than $4.00 a box.

If I can be as successful as PT-111 in the weight loss area, I might even sign up for one of Gabe's defensive AK classes.

By the way, don't minimize the danger of an assault weapon ban renewal. I don't care who is in power, it makes a great excuse.

That's how I got my new AK without going through divorce. "Honey, I don't really want to spend the money but Nancy Pelosi and those guys are going to ban them so I need to get one QUICK"

See? There's a bright side to everything!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links