I see the hate for CAI

This is a discussion on I see the hate for CAI within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I am out test firing my traded for CAI 74... When I am thinking boy this is easy to bump-fire ...Then I go oh ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DingBat
  • 1 Post By molleur
  • 1 Post By NONAME762

Thread: I see the hate for CAI

I see the hate for CAI

So I am out test firing my traded for CAI 74... When I am thinking boy this is easy to bump-fire ...Then I go oh it is firing out of battery ( and or the discounters was going haywire ) ... Freaking trigger wires had blown loses ( god know what else ) so hammer would not go down and the saftey got knocked free ...And of coruse there was still a live round in the gun ... So that was a freaky few min trying to feild strip the stupid thing ... Thank god I had only half loaded the mags and manged to shoot out a few before all hell broke lose ...

Me thinks CAI should just import guns not make them esp AK74S ...They cant seem to get that right ...

So off to the gunsmith it goes ... And a very stern PM to the fool who sold it too me
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

2. Remove Ads

You've been having some great luck lately.

Honesty with CAI you get luckly and you dont ... I have had some good CAI stuff ( ie it went bang ) but I think right now most ak74 just cant be made right esp by CAI
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    yikes. you would think it'd be that hard to assemble an AK from off-the-shelf parts...

I mean if joe's gun shack was trying to assemble, and time quality revovlers... or the smooth workings of a Ruger No. 1 falling block...

but aren't AK's supposed to run even if you fold the top cover out of a piece of an old muffler...?

that's a bummer, go shoot your M1 Carbine some more and placate your soul on some good ole' GI lovins'

firing out of battery, someone almost had a receiver blow in their face today... I'd be miffed too. Good luck man.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

Distinguished Member
    Never trusted CAI for anything! They are assembled by half brained monkey's.
    sammage likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

I was looking at a Century Golani Galil a couple years back. I've always wanted a Galil AR and this one was in the right price range. Too bad the thing was so jacked up it took major effort to retract the cocking handle to ensure it was clear! I think these days with a better job going for me, I am still looking for a Galil at a good price but this time I don't think I'm going to settle for anything less than an original IMI Galil and avoid the Century crap all together. I just don't need to put up with the "roll the dice" quality.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCGrunt View Post
    I was looking at a Century Golani Galil a couple years back. I've always wanted a Galil AR and this one was in the right price range. Too bad the thing was so jacked up it took major effort to retract the cocking handle to ensure it was clear! I think these days with a better job going for me, I am still looking for a Galil at a good price but this time I don't think I'm going to settle for anything less than an original IMI Galil and avoid the Century crap all together. I just don't need to put up with the "roll the dice" quality.

The irony there is I have handled fired a CAI Golan and it is great ...But big cavate is that my dealer ( who is also a class 3 makers ) owned it and knew it worked ... He told me Green mountain jacked up the barrels of a lot of them bad but the first ones were good ...

I mean consider how much true imi are going for now ....

I hate to sound like a noober...or is that a Goober? What does CAI stand for?

Century Arms Incorporated? That's all I got.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Century Arms International I believe.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I mean consider how much true imi are going for now ....
    Yeah, I was a GS-9 when I saw the Golani and that was in my price range back then. These days I got smart and get the hell away from government service (thank you sequester and furloughs for pushing me in that direction) and these days I'm working for the railroad where the pay is MUCH better and a real IMI Galil isn't so far out of reach.

Links