Browning BPS High Capacity 12 Gauge Shotgun, 20" barrel, 7+1 in the chamber

This is a discussion on Browning BPS High Capacity 12 Gauge Shotgun, 20" barrel, 7+1 in the chamber within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought this NIB Browning BPS High Capacity Home Defense 12 Gauge Shotgun shortly after Obama got elected the first time. It has a 20" ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NativeTX
  • 2 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Browning BPS High Capacity 12 Gauge Shotgun, 20" barrel, 7+1 in the chamber

I bought this NIB Browning BPS High Capacity Home Defense 12 Gauge Shotgun shortly after Obama got elected the first time. It has a 20" barrel with a 7+1 in the chamber capacity. In addition, I purchased 200 rounds of some Remington Managed-Recoil 12 Gauge 00 Buckshot to go with it! It's still NIB and has never been fired. There seems to be very little info on this model and was only on market for a limited time. I believe it made it's debut at the 2007 Shot Show. I'm right handed, but shoot a rifle/shotgun left handed, so with the bottom ejection it seemed like a perfect fit. Thought I would take it out of the box and take a picture. It may be time for a test run!

BPS HD 002.JPG
    StormRhydr likes this.

I think you're overdue for a test run!

The BPS is a pretty righteous piece of hardware, but they've never pursued the LE or defensive market. Just like the Ithaca 37, the bottom ejection is as ambidextrous as a shotgun can get and at most you surrender a tenth of a second on a reload compared to an 870 or 500 if you're right-handed.
    StormRhydr and OlCop like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Sponsored Links