Arsenal SLR 106U AK

Arsenal SLR 106U AK

This is a discussion on Arsenal SLR 106U AK within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been looking at the Arsenal SLR 106U AK latley and I am considering purchasing it. Anybody have experience with , or own this ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 5lima30ret
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom

Thread: Arsenal SLR 106U AK

Arsenal SLR 106U AK

I have been looking at the Arsenal SLR 106U AK latley and I am considering purchasing it. Anybody have experience with , or own this weapon? I Just want to hear some of the good and bad experiences any of you have had to help me make my decision.
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Arsenals are top of the heap for AK variants! IF I was going to get an AK it would probably be an Arsenal or possibly an Egyptian Maadi which are very well made. The only problem I have with them is the economics. You can probably get a very nice Colt 6920 for less than what you will pay for an Arsenal. IMHO, the Colt will be worth a LOT more money down the road than the AK will. Good luck!
    Jtrams likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I like the AK so here is what I will tell you :

1. AK handguns are not part of 922r law .. Meaning in theory handguns are pure foreign guns ie no USA parts unlike AK .If you make it into a rifle then yes you have to add 922r parts .. I think these are pure bulgrian guns I think
    2. Mags for non x39 or the like AK are often pricy and hard to find .. Kvar sells the mags for these in the 30-40 bucks a pop range and the max size is 30 rounds ..
    3. For handguns the makers does not play as much a role in this case Arsenal is just importing them .. So really its how sober Boris was a the factory when they made this ...
    4.I have owned and fired a lot of ak handguns they are fun range toys and truck guns and you can get ok accuracy at least at medium to close range

Question have you looked the new m85 PAP handguns? The new ones are very nice and take normal AR mags no issues.. They are purly made in Serbia and imop are well made and I like the Krinkov desing of them ( top folding hatch) .. And the nice thing is they are like 400-500 bucks max verus 900-1k for AK...

IMOP your should not as worry as much about quilty with handgun ak then rifles as there is no 922r work.. Rilfes yeah I say Arsnal does a bang up job but all they do with these is bring them in ...

And a finaly add on for rifles Maddi are the best but only if you get a true import from pre 1989 the Styers the rest are ????

And just note that you can not add a foregrip on a hangun without "stamping " the gun first .. Magpul AFG is still ok last I looked ..

And note you can make these into a rifle with a 16inch barrel 922r parts etc .. But can not make it back into a handgun with out " stamp"

And of course in a few states they are not legal or hard to get . HI can no own these /NJ/NY of coruse in CA you can but it takse work to make it leagla ..

I have fired the 223 m85pap .. I though that was great fun plus taking 9 buck GI mags was nice .. I have also fired a full auto 223 ak that is different
    Jtrams likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Correct Arsnal does add parts to this in this case a trigger ... Seems silly to me unless the gun needed one ( some draco ) why would they add it .. It was unnneded .. And any time people start mucking with AK that should not be mucked with I get worried Arsenal SLR-106U AK Pistol Kit, 5.56x45 (223) W/Case, Sling, Cleaning Kit, 5 and 30 Rnd Mag - Impact Guns
    Jtrams likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Sponsored Links