14 months later...

14 months later...

This is a discussion on 14 months later... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got my 1984 HK-91 back. Totally cleaned, refurbished refinished and now has a nice folding stock. The rifle itself is refinished in a metallic ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: 14 months later...

VIP Member

14 months later...

I got my 1984 HK-91 back. Totally cleaned, refurbished refinished and now has a nice folding stock. The rifle itself is refinished in a metallic RLM 81 and the rst in Black.

Tomorrow, if possible, I'll be running some rounds downrange. Basic Iron sights 20140425_151010.jpg

Perfect mate for the Latinas?
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

OD*
    Sweet!
    The HK 91s/G3s and FN-FALs are my favorite battle rifles.
    gatorbait51, Aceoky and Bad Bob like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

You and your Latinas. One wonders which you love more? Guns or girls? There's a toughie.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Guns or girls?

That's easy...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

So, you like rifles, pistolas and books. The Great Book of World War II Airplanes and one on the B-29 Superfortress. Nice!
    My uncle got into the war late. He wrote home saying that they knew the war would be over soon so they were washing out flight students for any little infractions. He made it through flight school though and was sent to England to await assignment to a fighter squadron. Of course, the plane he wanted was the P-51 Mustang. But, while hanging around an airfield on day, a P-47 Thunderbolt made a low fly-by. Too low. He saw its wing clip a telegraph pole, cut the pole in half and keep on flying! He said that right then, he told himself "That's the plane I want!". He got one, and it brought him back safe every time!
    Just thought I'd share.
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Sweet!
    The HK 91s/G3s and FN-FALs are my favorite battle rifles.
    Thank you sir, the guy who worked on my rifle told me he always wanted a -91 . It had all the springs replaced, total cleaning , inside and out Anything worn was replaced, the old butt stock was replaced by an HK folding stock . Trigger group totally cleaning and smoothed . I had it coated in a new color as opposed to plain black ,so it is a Late war Luftwaffe OD (RLM 81) with a metallic sheen. Other than that, nothing tactical or tacticool about .
    Hopefully tomorrow I can take 'er out and see how she feels . I have not run it in a long time . I figure run a couple of through it . She was always super accurate and I really love 7.62x51 . Heavy, yeah but pretty much no jumping around
    Aceoky, OD* and Bad Bob like this.

VIP Member
    Looking forward to the range report
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ugh762x39 View Post
    So, you like rifles, pistolas and books. The Great Book of World War II Airplanes and one on the B-29 Superfortress. Nice!
    My uncle got into the war late. He wrote home saying that they knew the war would be over soon so they were washing out flight students for any little infractions. He made it through flight school though and was sent to England to await assignment to a fighter squadron. Of course, the plane he wanted was the P-51 Mustang. But, while hanging around an airfield on day, a P-47 Thunderbolt made a low fly-by. Too low. He saw its wing clip a telegraph pole, cut the pole in half and keep on flying! He said that right then, he told himself "That's the plane I want!". He got one, and it brought him back safe every time!
    Just thought I'd share.
    I have always liked the P-47 . There was just something about them...
    Bad Bob likes this.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait51 View Post
    I have always liked the P-47 . There was just something about them...
    Flying tanks.
    gatorbait51, Aceoky and Bad Bob like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Very nice
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Nice man .. Funny to see guns that used to sell for under 1k now go for 3k or more ... They are good battel rifles ..

Now if I could only find a pre 1968 model
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    I bought this one in May 1984 for maybe $450.00 Brand new ,too . I always loved shooting it . Looks like I'll be buying a couple of battle packs for it
    Bad Bob and Aceoky like this.

Nice looking chica.. Have fun!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

That's a beautiful rifle.

I was looking at a PTR and had the misfortune to see a HK-91 at the same store. The HK was four times more expensive but really seemed worth it. With any luck I'll run across one at a good price in the future. I'll use yours as the benchmark!
    Aceoky and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cn262 View Post
    That's a beautiful rifle.

I was looking at a PTR and had the misfortune to see a HK-91 at the same store. The HK was four times more expensive but really seemed worth it. With any luck I'll run across one at a good price in the future. I'll use yours as the benchmark!
    Thank you ,sir.. I am looking forward to wringing her out again
    Aceoky likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links