I sure as heck didn't need it, but... (M14/M1A content)

This is a discussion on I sure as heck didn't need it, but... (M14/M1A content) within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I go in to do my usual task of ordering guns, ammo, and accessories for a local shop. It sure isn't a living, but hey, ...

Thread: I sure as heck didn't need it, but... (M14/M1A content)

I go in to do my usual task of ordering guns, ammo, and accessories for a local shop. It sure isn't a living, but hey, it gets me wholesale on everything and a few bucks towards my toys. :)

Coincidentally, a bonus check had come in that very day from a project I'd just completed.

At the same time, an older factory-built National Ord. M14SA showed up. All Winchester marked parts except the receiver, but it hadn't been cleaned since it was built in the late 80s (or earlier). The gas system literally took six hours of work to get to a point where I was happy with it (and a good DI would still have chewed my butt off)...but for about half the price of a Springfield M1A in service rifle configuration, I had one of the few items left on my "I'd like it someday if one showed up at the right price" gun list. It looks like it spent more time in the rack than on the range by a long shot and comparable in external wood condition to the better CMP guns - a few nicks here and there but 100% serviceable.

As an added bonus, it came with the 'second hole' added where the stripper clip guide is, so it makes my preferred scope mount add very, very easy, along with 3 GI mags.

Now to order optics...

Nice .. One of those is on my someday if im lucky list . Whay kind of Scope do you think you willput on it ?

I'm debating right now what to do with it exactly.

I could get another PVS-2 night vision scope and make the Vietnam-correct weapons system.

I'm also thinking of doing the mid-range tactical rifle with an Aimpoint or .308 ACOG.

For glass-intensive stuff, I like my FALs with integral bipods and don't see that changing.

Lead Moderator
    That's nice! The M14 always held a special place for me....... It was the first military weapon I qualified with. :1syellow1
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Lead Moderator
    nice gun. Always wanted a M1A , maybe some day. Am working on each gun i've wanted for a long time. Just need to make more money i guess.

Sponsored Links