50m zero

This is a discussion on 50m zero within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Click on photos to enlarge. I have no idea why Apple does a mirror image of all my photos??? image.jpg There are taped holes in ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By jonconsiglio

Thread: 50m zero

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar

50m zero

Click on photos to enlarge. I have no idea why Apple does a mirror image of all my photos???

image.jpg

There are taped holes in the black and one shot in the white from playing with the 7.62 red dot earlier.

Then...Closer to the X, there are 5 shots from the 5.56. Three shots are just to the right the X. A click here, a click there, and I think I got the 50m zero dialed on the AR. Two more shots in the X ring confirmed my adjustments, and my spotter says, "You'd better quit now." That was with Daniel Defense iron sights and Federal M855. PSA 16" upper and LRB lower. CMMG fcg.

image.jpg

I didn't do nearly as we'll with the red dot. Combat accurate (3-4" groups), but much wider than the rifle is capable of. I find it difficult to center a dot that far out. Inside 20m, the red dot helps with fast shots where I might not maintain a good cheek weld.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You got too much time on your hands.

If you just shot that in the last couple days, where have you found high ground?
    Looks like you guys had a bit of fun.
    Glad everything is working like they should.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Last month, I shot in the snow at 25m just enough to get on paper. I zeroed it a bit low at 25m so it would be close at 50m.

The snow has melted from the open spaces, so the main (seasonal) road and sand pit are open. Yeah, lots of places are still thawing out, but once the snow is off the sand, it drys quickly. Today, I found a break in the rain. I guess two rounds in one hole in the X ring is good enough.

I zeroed the new red dot on the AK at 25m.

When zeroing your red dot, dial the brightness down to the lowest point that you can still see it. That'll help you tighten up the zero a bit.
    OO7, sammage and FLSlim like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Links