Check your parts! 300 Blackout

This is a discussion on Check your parts! 300 Blackout within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So the other day I decided to inventory my parts and found that I had enough parts to build a complete Rifle minus a lower. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob99VMI04
  • 1 Post By Rob99VMI04
  • 1 Post By Rob99VMI04

Thread: Check your parts! 300 Blackout

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

So the other day I decided to inventory my parts and found that I had enough parts to build a complete Rifle minus a lower.

Sent PSA $49.00 x2 for 2 of their blemed lowers and WALLLA got me a nice 300 Blackout Rifle.

Here she is:

O I am missing a Dust cover.

Daniel Defense 16 barrel.
    AAC 51T Flash hider
    BCG (NO IDEA)
    Rail (NO IDEA) but its free floated (YAY)
    Ergogrip (Double YAY)
    Nikon 300 Blackout scope.
    GREEN STOCK (Not so YAY)
    the only down side its (Carbine length Gas System (POOPIES)
    StormRhydr likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    Funny how those extra parts add up over the years.

I doubt many people have spare black out 300 barrels laying around ( that just happen to head space correctly to the bolt assembly).

Not a bad idea to have some spare lowers since you can get them again!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Funny how those extra parts add up over the years.

I doubt many people have spare black out 300 barrels laying around ( that just happen to head space correctly to the bolt assembly).

Not a bad idea to have some spare lowers since you can get them again!
    I don't have a headspace gauge. AR's pretty much are self head spacing. I used this upper last year and dropped 2 deer with it. One at a 100 yards and the other at 25. So I'm pretty sure its GTG.

The only difference on between parts for a 5.56 rifle and a 300 Blackout is the barrel.

Mags are the same, BCG is the same.
    MrBuckwheat likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I don't have a headspace gauge. AR's pretty much are self head spacing. I used this upper last year and dropped 2 deer with it. One at a 100 yards and the other at 25. So I'm pretty sure its GTG.

The only difference on between parts for a 5.56 rifle and a 300 Blackout is the barrel.

Mags are the same, BCG is the same.
    nice!!!!! 25 yards wow you could have used a knife, thats great hunting to get right up there. Deer around here are at least 50-75 on my property. ( the great thing about the 300 is every thing is the same except the hole in the barrel) thats a nice free float!

I still check them, I don't know who chambered the barrel unless I did my own chamber. Head gauge sets are pretty cheap. May not be a bad idea to pick up a set for the bench! Every once and a while I have a build that is questionable but within tolerances. so many suppliers out there.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    nice!!!!! 25 yards wow you could have used a knife, thats great hunting to get right up there. Deer around here are at least 50-75 on my property. ( the great thing about the 300 is every thing is the same except the hole in the barrel) thats a nice free float!

I still check them, I don't know who chambered the barrel unless I did my own chamber. Head gauge sets are pretty cheap. May not be a bad idea to pick up a set for the bench! Every once and a while I have a build that is questionable but within tolerances. so many suppliers out there.
    I hear you brother! I had a 7.5 inch pistol barrel I had to send back.

Daniel Defense pretty well known for quality assurance.

On a side note My 8 inch 300 Blackout pistol parrel will be here tomorrow, really excited about that!!!

OO and a Guy at my work is selling a NIB 300 AAC handi rifle going to pick up now... really exicted...This is MY BO weekend. 3 300 Blackout rifles in one week!!!!!!!!!

Picked this up 5 minutes ago from a Co-worker NIB.

300 Blackout Handi Rifle $275
    Aceoky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Picked this up 5 minutes ago from a Co-worker NIB.

300 Blackout Handi Rifle $275
    I have been eying one of thouse and some 45 silencer can run 300 blackout if silenced been thinking that be a nice silencer host ....

Very nice man

One of these days I been aiming to get a SBR with a dedicated can 300 blackout model ... That or a pre 86 m16 with a 300 upper that could be fun to run
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Links