Got me a 870 Police mag

This is a discussion on Got me a 870 Police mag within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well it happen again was browsing my local fun shop waiting to get the smith I had order when I spied this ..And yes I ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 4 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: Got me a 870 Police mag

Got me a 870 Police mag

Well it happen again was browsing my local fun shop waiting to get the smith I had order when I spied this ..And yes I have zero notions to fire anything past low recoil buck even if it s mag rated

In case you wonder that is the old "police issues only stock " and I think it is 7+1 ..

After pattern testing might be my new HD blaster ..
    StormRhydr and ugh762x39 like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

2. Remove Ads

Looks impressive. I am not a shotgun guy (just never held or fired one), but I would feel safe using that to protect my home and family.

Good find
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

The 870P is a good shotgun. Very effective. Can be a handful, with stout loads. Be sure to have a good grip on the thing, when you do. Stout butt-pads help, BTW.

Enjoy.

* Just the idea of stout magnum loads in a shotty remind me of my cousins, decades ago, who introduced me to their father's double-barreled 10ga. Ba-Boooom. I don't believe that sucker had a butt pad at all. Not a great way to start, I guess, but it made an impression.
    ctr likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

that is what i got at home and carried on the job for years. on qualification days (four times a year) we would shoot the shotgun last. the metal folding stock can let you know you are shooting full 12 ga. loads on your shoulder and cheek. i have the small thin rubber pad that come with the stock still on. but it does not do much.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The 870P is a good shotgun. Very effective. Can be a handful, with stout loads. Be sure to have a good grip on the thing, when you do. Stout butt-pads help, BTW.

Enjoy.

* Just the idea of stout magnum loads in a shotty remind me of my cousins, decades ago, who introduced me to their father's double-barreled 10ga. Ba-Boooom. I don't believe that sucker had a butt pad at all. Not a great way to start, I guess, but it made an impression.

you just reminded me of about 15 years ago one of my buddies had a over-under 20 ga. well, it double-fired.... ouch- twice.

cool gun wrongrec.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

I'm a fan of the 870 as a "social" shotgun. I'm a fan of the 870P as the best 870 available for that purpose. BTW, I'll share a simple trick to reduce felt recoil : We naturally pull both hands toward our shoulder to snug the gun to our body. Fight the urge just ONCE and try pulling FORWARD (toward the muzzle) with your off (left) hand. It then provides some structural resistance against recoil when firing. Makes more difference than I ever imagined.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    The 870P has been a solid go-to choice for many decades. It is still a very good choice today.
    I find supremely ironic that God in his wisdom and grace has given man freedom of choice bounded by 10 simple rules. Man in his finite wisdom has created millions of rules to limit freedom of choice and the personal responsibility of his fellow man.

I've shot a few Magnum loads through my 870 Police Magnum and not only is it not fun, it gave me a serious bruise on my right shoulder. Not much purple but it was yellow for days.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    3" Magnum 00 Buck... make a man out of ya! Bwahahaha!

Seriously though, nice find! Congrats!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Links