Need a complete AR upper

Need a complete AR upper

This is a discussion on Need a complete AR upper within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had the good fortune of winning a complete Black Rain lower in a raffle. Now I need a complete upper for it. I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need a complete AR upper

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar

Need a complete AR upper

I had the good fortune of winning a complete Black Rain lower in a raffle. Now I need a complete upper for it. I have a Colt 6920 with an Aimpoint Pro on it. So I'm thinking of a 1-4 variable scope on this new one. I'll be using it mainly for the range and maybe a little hunting. I would like to stay in the $500.00 to $600.00 range. So please share your collective wisdom with me and steer me in the right direction.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Personally I would just go to BCM and purchase one of their newer KMR uppers. I like the 14.5 with a pinned hider or compensater which they have available when ordering the upper assembly. You'll never go wrong with BCM products. Top notch kit.

I forgot to mention that this is a Mid Length gas system. Which I also prefer.

HERE: BCM BFH 14.5" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ BCM KMR13 Handguard
    Last edited by Skygod; May 26th, 2014 at 01:57 AM.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

BCM was my first thought but that's stretching the budget a bit to much.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

What is the quality like of the PSA uppers?
    Thomas Jefferson

Classic Firearms has a Bear Creek complete upper on sale through today for $300. (No affiliation). It's a flat top 16" bbl with 1:9 twist and a .223 Wylde chamber.

I have NO idea how good of an upper this is, but I'm tempted to order one. Maybe someone who has experience with Bear Creek can jump in with some advice.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    What is the quality like of the PSA uppers?
    The "Premium" Uppers are nice. The barrels are made by FN for standard profile, but not sure about the other profile's makers. All the specs should be listed and are of high quality materials.

Well after some looking around I have decided to go with Bravo Company BCM BFH 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ KMR 13" Handguard
    It is more than I wanted to spend but you only live once. It will take a bit longer to gather all the pieces but I am sure it will be worth it in the end.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    Well after some looking around I have decided to go with Bravo Company BCM BFH 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ KMR 13" Handguard
    It is more than I wanted to spend but you only live once. It will take a bit longer to gather all the pieces but I am sure it will be worth it in the end.

Jealous. I sold my BCM BFH 16" ML to a family member after he made me an offer i couldn't refuse at the time. Amazing gun and very soft shooter. I'm almost embarrassed to get a PSA now, even though it is still quality and light years more than i really need.

Since you already have an LE6920, and considering what you said you wanted if for.. This is what i would've done:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/shoppingcart.asp

On a side note... Those BCG's seem to have dropped quite a bit... I think i paid over 200$ for mine less than a year ago... I could be mistaken. Here's my old one... Just look at all the cool stuff you'll be getting soon: My first AR and first build

Nice looking AR you had. The link you posted takes me to a shopping cart at BCM with nothing there
    Thomas Jefferson

Nice, I got me a bcm 16" ml stainless, love it
    fotomaker57 likes this.
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

I know you've said you wanted the BCM upper (excellent choice BTW) but here's another quality option for $627 + shipping. I just wanted to throw that out there in case you hadn't found it. Best of luck with your build!

Colt LE6920 16 Upper Conversion Kit at G and R Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    I know you've said you wanted the BCM upper (excellent choice BTW) but here's another quality option for $627 + shipping. I just wanted to throw that out there in case you hadn't found it. Best of luck with your build!

Colt LE6920 16 Upper Conversion Kit at G and R Tactical
    I'll check into that. Thanks buddy
    Thomas Jefferson

Well I placed my order for The BCM upper tonight. Can't wait to get it together and hit the range.
    Thomas Jefferson

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links