Is This Thing Legal?

This is a discussion on Is This Thing Legal? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I came across this gun on armslist. Is that thing legal? ARMSLIST - For Sale: 12 gauge...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr

Thread: Is This Thing Legal?

Is This Thing Legal?

I came across this gun on armslist. Is that thing legal?

ARMSLIST - For Sale: 12 gauge

2. Remove Ads

NOPE this is go see bubba land

If the gun never had a butstock and was over 26inch OAL then it would be a other and legal

This way unless barrel is 18inch you are going to get it
    StormRhydr likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    If it is over 26inch OAL maybe ... But if not and barrel is under 18inch well hope you like male on male bonding for 10 years or so

I think the shockwave shotgun gets by having a 14 inch barrel as it is 26inch OAL ..

But even then pretty tricky legal arrea
    I have no desire for that gun. I just looked like something that might get one in trouble. Combine the picture with the shaky write up, and it screams "Run Forrest Run!"

Looks like I am wrong

Non-NFA Shotgun?!? (Shockwave Technologies 14" bbl) [Archive] - Calguns.net

see here

AR hangun are the same ... If they were handgun never rifles and have no butstock you can fit a VFG to them

Last I looked the rules were you can go to rifle etc from handgun but never back ... Some execption on a gun by gun basese but as a general rule alwasy a rifle or shotgun ...

No butstock is a dif story though

Other guns are very very weird legal speaking
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

My general rule with stuff like OTHER guns or brace etc is I want to see a letter from the Fed saying this as is is legal .... Some states cops see something like a shockwave shotgun you better be able to answer real fast this is legal

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    I have no desire for that gun. I just looked like something that might get one in trouble. Combine the picture with the shaky write up, and it screams "Run Forrest Run!"
    I see that kind of stuff all the time on Armslit or I see Banned by name guns all the time in CA etc all the time .. A few case it is legigt most of time though .. Bait

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I see that kind of stuff all the time on Armslit or I see Banned by name guns all the time in CA etc all the time .. A few case it is legigt most of time though .. Bait
    That was my first thought.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

if it has a rifled barrel, its a pistol.
    caliber on the ad says .45 acp?
    similar to a mares leg i suspect, minus the lever action
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

The title bar of that ad says "12 gauge". In the body of the ad, it says ".45 acp".

The thing looks like a shotgun to me, but who knows from that add? And its supposed to be a Browning???
    Aceoky likes this.

Links