Vortex SPARC II?

Vortex SPARC II?

This is a discussion on Vortex SPARC II? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just wondering if anyone here has a Vortex SPARC II. I've watched a few youtube vids on it and it looks like a decent option ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaeger

Thread: Vortex SPARC II?

Vortex SPARC II?

Just wondering if anyone here has a Vortex SPARC II. I've watched a few youtube vids on it and it looks like a decent option for the price. I'm shopping for an optic for my Storm 9mm Carbine and this looks like a possibility. My thinking has been to get either a Meprolight M21 or an Aimpoint PRO but I'm open to cheaper options if they're of decent quality. The intended purpose would be plinking and home defense/zombie use.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? I know it's a pretty new optic, just hoping someone has used one.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    I think they are hands down THE BEST value in optics, period. In fact, unless I was going to drop north of $1,500 on a scope I would just get the Vortex. I have several scopes and their biggest spotting scope, and I am thrilled with them every time my eye hits the relief. I'm of the opinion that you should at least spend on the optics what you spent on the rifle, but that doesn't apply to Vortex because there is so much value in them. I don't know anyone who has one who doesn't feel the same way, and they've been discussed here several times.

It isn't going to last. They're building their customer base, and I'm sure when they hit some critical mass they will raise their prices to get parity with the rest of the market. They've already started getting more expensive. When they first debuted at Shot they were practically giving them away. Buy now.
    Phaedrus likes this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Thanks. I'm looking for an optic for my HK USC and my Beretta Storm carbine. The top contenders have been the Meprolight M21 and the Aimpoint PRO. The carbines are both set up for CQB/home defense and range use. The main priorities are speed (being able to pick the rifle up and put rounds on the target fast without messing with the scope and acquiring the target quickly) along with reliability.

But I'm sure willing to spend less than $400 if I can find a good optic. The Lucid HD7 is appealing are some of the Vortex offerings, and they're in the $200 range.

Just looking at the specs and written material the cheaper ones have a couple strikes against them- short battery life and and an auto-off 'feature'. I'd prefer to be able to leave the optic on at all times. The M21 doesn't have batteries and the Aimpoint batteries last for years. It's not a deal breaker to have to turn the optic on before use but it's definitely a negative for me.

Links