Kydex trigger guard for shotgun/rifle?

This is a discussion on Kydex trigger guard for shotgun/rifle? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone seen anything like this before on the market? Something along the lines of the MIC Holster, except for shotguns or rifles? The MIC ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chuck808

Thread: Kydex trigger guard for shotgun/rifle?

Kydex trigger guard for shotgun/rifle?

Has anyone seen anything like this before on the market? Something along the lines of the MIC Holster, except for shotguns or rifles? The MIC Holster is quick to deploy, as you just give it a quick tug and it clears the trigger for use.

This had me thinking, what about something like this for a shotguns or rifles? I know some people keep beater shotguns and rifles in their vehicles for that "you never know" factor. But if its in some hard or soft case, it isnt exactly fast or easy to deploy. If its behind the seat of a truck, you first have to move the seats forward, then get the case out, either set it on the seat, tailgate, ground, or some other surface, then get the weapon out before its ready to use. If its in the trunk of a car, you run into the same problem, as I dont know of many vehicles with trunks large enough to open up a full hard case easily and quickly in the trunk. This product could even be useful for your chosen HD weapon. I know in my shotgun that I keep next to the bed, I keep the safety on, but the trigger is still exposed. If there were a quick yank off trigger guard, that would increase the inherent safety of the weapon when its out in the open in the home (of course thats if you dont have any strangers or young kids in the home wandering around).

Just curious if anyone has ever seen anything like this. I have been looking and cant find anything. I think Im going to try to make one.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    There really isn't any reason to cover the trigger of a HD rifle on safe. It does less than the manual safety.

As far as a truck gun, it is illegal in many states to drive around with a loaded rifle on the seat next to you. In those where it may be legal, do you want a rifle bouncing around on the seat next to you? If the safety isn't going to prevent a ND, that little trigger cover isn't going to either. Can you deploy a rifle while driving? Wouldn't you want to deploy it from outside the vehicle? Wouldn't a handgun be a better tool to deploy while driving.

If you are driving a HWMMV, maybe you have an AD with an M4?

Whenever Im in my truck, I just have my pistol on my hip. Of course nobody drives around with a loaded gun next to them leaned up against the seat. But I know quite a few people have a beater shotgun behind the seats of their truck.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Ive carried a truck gun forever. It used to ride in a window rack, or a vertical rack between the seats in my jeep. Now they ride in a case built into the front of the bench seat or into a case built into the back of the seat. Either way with the door open it slides right out. DR

Does this sound like something you would possibly be interested in? Maybe a MIC Holster type guard with a rivet and a paracord pull tab on it? Maybe if it were something like $15-$18?
    GatorGuy407 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    Does this sound like something you would possibly be interested in? Maybe a MIC Holster type guard with a rivet and a paracord pull tab on it? Maybe if it were something like $15-$18?
    Sounds exactly what he was looking for. And yeah the OP has a good idea. I might be interested in something like this as well. This price range seems about right.

Id imagine they would be very cheap and easy to produce. Another thought I had was some sort of pull tab that instead of paracord was something with tritium on it, so that you could see it in a dark room if you needed to deploy the gun quickly.

Links