Colored front sight post on AR?

This is a discussion on Colored front sight post on AR? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm curious to hear your thoughts on something. White dots, fiber optics, replaceable colored inserts and finger nail polish of all colors have been applied ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SigIsTheAnswer

Thread: Colored front sight post on AR?

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar

Colored front sight post on AR?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on something. White dots, fiber optics, replaceable colored inserts and finger nail polish of all colors have been applied to handgun front sights for years. This is done to aid in acquiring the front sight quickly. So why don't we see the same thing on our AR rifles? Isn't it just as important for quick acquisition on our rifles? Let me know your thoughts on this.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Thus the Red Dot sight was born
    CIBMike likes this.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion, Diamondback DB-15, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, S&W Bodyguard .380, FN Five SeveN 5.7.

Semper

You can get the night sight posts &/or fiber optic front sight post at Brownells, Amazon.com, etc.
    I prefer the factory post on my Colts, but I was trained that way. Whatever works for you is best.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I am thinking it would work ok............but most folks go with a red dot reticle optic.
    The easy way is always mined.

VIP Member
    If its an iron site I like to use a black out spray on them ( flat black ) Your front site ( blade) should be a very thin or narrow site. Most colored or fiber optic sites are way to thick. They will cover up your target unless you are shooting close distance.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Links