Defensive Carry banner

Next rifle I'm gonna buy

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  vtdefender 
#1 ·
So I'm in my favorite gun shop today, and one of the employees and I are talking. We're chatting it up about AR's and about how I want one but can't afford one. He says, we have something better in the back. He smiles and runs to the back and comes out with this: http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF011&gid=FNG006&mid=FNM0030

My jaw drops. He tells me that a customer bought it, but told the owner of the store to play with it for a few weeks to see what he thought. He hands it to me, and it feels great. EOtech red dot sight on top. Its about 7-10 inches shorter than an AR depending on the model you're looking at. Not sure about accuracy because the owner was at SHOT show (lucky dog). It just nestled itself in my arms. Maybe everyone else is not as impressed as I, but this was my first time getting my hands on one, and if it shoots as well as it feels, I'm hooked. Just one problem... $2200 price tag!

#2 ·
You could buy two AR's for the price of that.

I don’t know, it may be a good rifle. FN makes quality products. But I don't like bullpups. They typically have a shorter sight radius than a standard rifle. And while they may be shorter in overall length, to me they feel bulkier.

Plus the one real example of a bullpup issued as a standard issue military weapon (the SA80) was a total flop. That doesn’t mean bullpups can’t be a viable design, but they don’t have a real good track record.

#4 · (Edited)
I maybe wrong, but I believe the SA80 was the only bullpup to be a standard issue rifle and/or see major combat use.

Not that the ones you listed aren't good rifles, but I personally like something with extensive combat experience.

EDIT TO ADD: I forgot the FAMAS was standard French issue.

#5 ·
I maybe wrong, but I believe the SA80 was the only bullpup to be a standard issue rifle and/or see major combat use.
The Steyr AUG is the standard service weapon for the Austrian and Australian armed forces. Given the latter's deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, I'd guess it's seen some combat service.

The TAR-21 has been selected as the IDF's standard infantry weapon. They're still in the process of switching over, but it's seen combat service with some units already.

#7 ·
$2,200?

I just got my BushMaster (flat top) WITH...an EO Tec Holigraphic Scope for under $1300...

I know I can 'reach out and touch'...if I have to...

Enjoy your choices...it's not really about $ anyway...

ret:comeandgetsome:

#8 ·
The FS2000 is a phenomenal rifle in my oppinion. The only downside is the price. It's the first totally ambidextrous bullpup rifle. The trigger sould be better but its a great improvement over previous bullpup designs. Mine ate 1k rds of wolf in a day at the range with no cleaning and no malfunctions. I was amazed at how clean the action still was at the end of the day.

I love my AR's but the unique design of this rifle made it a must have for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.