Next rifle I'm gonna buy

Next rifle I'm gonna buy

This is a discussion on Next rifle I'm gonna buy within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I'm in my favorite gun shop today, and one of the employees and I are talking. We're chatting it up about AR's and about ...

Thread: Next rifle I'm gonna buy

Next rifle I'm gonna buy

So I'm in my favorite gun shop today, and one of the employees and I are talking. We're chatting it up about AR's and about how I want one but can't afford one. He says, we have something better in the back. He smiles and runs to the back and comes out with this: http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firea...06&mid=FNM0030

My jaw drops. He tells me that a customer bought it, but told the owner of the store to play with it for a few weeks to see what he thought. He hands it to me, and it feels great. EOtech red dot sight on top. Its about 7-10 inches shorter than an AR depending on the model you're looking at. Not sure about accuracy because the owner was at SHOT show (lucky dog). It just nestled itself in my arms. Maybe everyone else is not as impressed as I, but this was my first time getting my hands on one, and if it shoots as well as it feels, I'm hooked. Just one problem... $2200 price tag!
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

JT
    You could buy two AR's for the price of that.

I don’t know, it may be a good rifle. FN makes quality products. But I don't like bullpups. They typically have a shorter sight radius than a standard rifle. And while they may be shorter in overall length, to me they feel bulkier.

Plus the one real example of a bullpup issued as a standard issue military weapon (the SA80) was a total flop. That doesn’t mean bullpups can’t be a viable design, but they don’t have a real good track record.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    The FAMAS, Steyr AUG and TAR-21 seem to be doing well.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

JT
    I maybe wrong, but I believe the SA80 was the only bullpup to be a standard issue rifle and/or see major combat use.

Not that the ones you listed aren't good rifles, but I personally like something with extensive combat experience.

EDIT TO ADD: I forgot the FAMAS was standard French issue.
    Last edited by JT; January 13th, 2007 at 01:30 PM.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    I maybe wrong, but I believe the SA80 was the only bullpup to be a standard issue rifle and/or see major combat use.
    The Steyr AUG is the standard service weapon for the Austrian and Australian armed forces. Given the latter's deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan, I'd guess it's seen some combat service.

The TAR-21 has been selected as the IDF's standard infantry weapon. They're still in the process of switching over, but it's seen combat service with some units already.

With that amount of money you could kit build 8 (EIGHT) AKs. I own a Bushmaster AR-15 Rifle (20"), but would sooner rely on AKs for issues within 100-200 yards or so.

$2,200?

I just got my BushMaster (flat top) WITH...an EO Tec Holigraphic Scope for under $1300...

I know I can 'reach out and touch'...if I have to...

Enjoy your choices...it's not really about $ anyway...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The FS2000 is a phenomenal rifle in my oppinion. The only downside is the price. It's the first totally ambidextrous bullpup rifle. The trigger sould be better but its a great improvement over previous bullpup designs. Mine ate 1k rds of wolf in a day at the range with no cleaning and no malfunctions. I was amazed at how clean the action still was at the end of the day.

I love my AR's but the unique design of this rifle made it a must have for me.

Sponsored Links