Thureon Defense Carbine

Thureon Defense Carbine

This is a discussion on Thureon Defense Carbine within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone here have any experience with the Thureon Defense Carbine? Thinking about picking one up in 9mm and using 33 round Glock mags. Seems like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Thureon Defense Carbine

Thureon Defense Carbine

Anyone here have any experience with the Thureon Defense Carbine?

Thinking about picking one up in 9mm and using 33 round Glock mags. Seems like an ideal home defense/SHTF option.

Does anyone own one already?

Heads-up friend. If you're asking for opinions, it's prudent to provide some recon or a link so we don't have to do OUR own research to answer... YOUR question. Some of us are old, curmudgeonly hard-cases. Glad to help, but I'm not inclined to my own homework to help you out.

Dang, rereading this, I sound like a mod. My apologies to you AND the mods. BTW, there a little blank in the upper right called "search". Just entered the word "Thureon", and got a list of threads with multi-dozens of posts to help with your inquiry.
    claude clay and StormRhydr like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Grouchy old Ghost Tracker...
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Hope I didn't miff the newbie. Seemed nice enough. I'm (regularly, but not always) GLAD to help. Like my dear ol' Pappy used to say, "Treat me good and I'll treat you better. Treat me bad and...I'll treat you WORSE!". But if you think I'm grouchy, when you look-up the definition of "grouchy" in the dictionary, it features Pappy's photo! And he ain't...smiling.
    claude clay likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Thureon Defense "GA" Basic Carbine | Thureon Defense

for all the grouchs on here

I been eying one ( only reason I know it ) ... Issue is they are custome made ... But I am looking hard at one in 45 acp or 10mm ..
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I would get a AR15 for that price.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

They do seem a bit expensive. If you live somewhere where you cannot train with center fire rifles (range only allows pistol calibers) or are really recoil sensitive, then PCC can make sense. Otherwise, maybe not so much. For fun, give me a .22 rifle. For serious use, give me a real rifle (or shotgun).

OP - hopefully some others can chime in who have used this particular carbine. Welcome to the forum!
    Old Sarge likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    To much money . 5.56 /223 penetrates less wall bord than a 9mm bullet. Yes that is true. 16" ar15 can be bought for less money. You can build what you really want for less money too. Want a 10.5" 5.56 with a sig brace . build it. Today any one could build an ar15 of some sort. I'm waiting for parts now to build my wife a 10.5" 9mm ar now.
    Old Sarge and Christopher67 like this.

I'm not too jazzed about the SIG AR "Arm Brace". Ruling from the BATFE (no, I don't have the doc linked) says they're okay with a crutch tip/tennis ball covering the end of a conventional AR buffer tube. No-Form SBR, problem solved!

Might not be the answer you're looking for, but I just picked up a HiPoint 9mm Carbine (995TS) and love that sucker. Mine has the forward grip, rail flashlight, muzzle brake/compensator - and all that can be had for a little over $300.00.

And like everyone else said, you can build an AR in 223/556 + build/buy a second upper in 9mm for the price you'd pay for that Thureon.

Also, I think Just Right Carbines are about the same thing but a good deal less money. Also consider the Kel-Tec Sub2000 as an option for half the cost.
    StormRhydr and Christopher67 like this.

For the price, you could probably get two SUB 2000's. Or one SUB 2000, extra mags, and a decent amount of ammo to feed it.
    Tactical Junior Senior Instructor Of Advanced Tactics
    The Gecko45 Tactical Academy of Tactical Tactics
    Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    gost tracker Your not "jazzed " about the sig arm brace . That's good as there lots of choices. No real bonus to a 16" barrel with 9mm ammo and a sbr can't leave the state with out new paper work ever time you want to shoot it out of state plus the wait to get the feds paper work to start with. Recoil for a 16" 223 is about the same as a 9mm 10" carbine too. so buy or build what you want. The fact that shooting a "firearm/pistol from the shoulder while not using a stock is legal and for a small person a sig brace or rubber bumper, tennis ball can work for some. I would never have thought about building one till I shot one with a sig brace from the shoulder. IT works...

Distinguished Member Array David Armstrong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    To much money . 5.56 /223 penetrates less wall bord than a 9mm bullet. Yes that is true.
    I see that a lot and it is not true. SOME 5.56 penetrates less wall board than SOME 9mm. Some 9mm penetrates less wall board than SOME 5.56. It is in large part a matter of bullet selection.

Hickok45 has a few videos on these guns.

In one video he uses the 9mm version coupled with a Slide Fire stock, and the thing sounds just like a MAC-11 or micro-Uzi. I'd imagine the thing had a good 1200 rounds per minute cyclic rate, if not more.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    <- Because the Screaming Ape said so.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links