Ultimate M1A EBR

This is a discussion on Ultimate M1A EBR within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; EBR (enhanced battle rifle) Sage EBR chassis M1A Springfield Still need a Schuster gas plug so I can have an adjustable gas system for the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob99VMI04
  • 1 Post By buckeye .45

Thread: Ultimate M1A EBR

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Ultimate M1A EBR

EBR (enhanced battle rifle) Sage EBR chassis M1A Springfield

Still need a Schuster gas plug so I can have an adjustable gas system for the can JIC.

Mods
    AAC SDN-6 Silencer.
    Aimpoint Patrol (pulled off my SCAR) going to probably going to do it like the US Army M14 EBR RI (in service 2008-2011) All I need is the Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10.

For those that want to read about the EBR in service with our Military here you go Mk 14 Enhanced Battle Rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    maxwell97 likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

Nice.

Although, a 0 mag RDS seems like a waste on such a rifle. Thankfully, you seem to know that already.
    rocky likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Nice.

Although, a 0 mag RDS seems like a waste on such a rifle. Thankfully, you seem to know that already.
    Buckeye I'm unfamiliar with that designation is that the one without any optics?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Buckeye I'm unfamiliar with that designation is that the one without any optics?
    0 magnification red dot sight. I got lazy, sorry.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

0 magnification red dot sight. I got lazy, sorry.

Roger pulled the RDS (now i know that that means) Yeah i put that on just to Look BA. My dad has my Leupold VX II 3-9x40 I think i'm going to put on till i come up with the funds for the Mk 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Roger pulled the RDS (now i know that that means) Yeah i put that on just to Look BA. My dad has my Leupold VX II 3-9x40 I think i'm going to put on till i come up with the funds for the Mk 4.
    Any concerns about either a.) the stability of that picatinny rail right over the operating rod? or b.) that picatinny rail being too far forward to offer a proper eye relief for the majority of scopes? It looks pretty far forward. That wouldn't be an issue with the Aimpoint, but could with a number of other scopes. It looks like even on Sage's website, most scopes are mounted elsewhere.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Any concerns about either a.) the stability of that picatinny rail right over the operating rod? or b.) that picatinny rail being too far forward to offer a proper eye relief for the majority of scopes? It looks pretty far forward. That wouldn't be an issue with the Aimpoint, but could with a number of other scopes. It looks like even on Sage's website, most scopes are mounted elsewhere.
    The rail is super solid so i'm not concerned with that and the OP rod. I did get the Sage Cantilever mount that sits over the receiver. The problem is it requires the standard stripper clip guide. Before I this I had an Springfield M1A mount that used a different clip guide, and I've long since lost my standard clip guide. I will be calling Springfield in the morning to either pay for a new guide or maybe try and squirrel one out of them. I don't know yet just put her together about 2 hours ago when i got home. I still need to ROCKSET the flash hider. I'm the fourth owner of this chassis its been around my office more than Pamela Anderson has with Rockstars.

I know all the former owners very well one of them is a writer for one of our rags. This was his deer rifle for a while. My former boss sold it to him, and ever since I also wanted it. I've talked to one of them who said it took his M1A (holy crap I just realized I bought HIS M1A too 6 years ago, and thats the M1A in the picture above) from a 2.5 inch gun down to much lower. I did test the MOA of the gun on a SIUS ASCOR (spelling not sure) SIUS AG system and got a print out of around 2.2-2.5 MOA using my 168 grain SMK reloads. Most research I have looked indicates the Sage chassis cuts the MOA almost in half. So time will tell on the accuracy.

PS still waiting for either OLDVET GLOCKMAN10MM to chime in saying "Nothing beats a good old oak or mahogany tree!"

Looks like fun!
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Alright boys and girls here are the results. 5 shot group.

Ammo Factory SSA 150 Grain
    Optic was Aimpoint Patrol.

Move back to 100 and they should move right up into the yellow.
    Nice.

Nah, dude. If ya like it, I'm glad for ya. We all can't have the same mind about things.

I remember when I loved that stuff! Putting new tactical stocks and goodies on rifles and handguns.

If it works for you, I say hell ya!
    Me an OldVet, are just old stick in the muds,lol
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Go find your own mudhole.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links