What do you think about the collapsable stock - Page 3

What do you think about the collapsable stock

This is a discussion on What do you think about the collapsable stock within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have one on my AR...'works for me'... Wouldn't want anything else... OMO ret...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you think about the collapsable stock

Collapsible Stock...

I have one on my AR...'works for me'...
    Wouldn't want anything else...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    There are several posts here regarding buttstroking/pistol whipping people, and wanting a "real" buttstock/pistol to do the job. Not to be confrontational, but would anyone like to volunteer to be the crash-test-dummy and let me buttstroke them with an M4 or pistol whip them with a Glock 17? I'm willing to bet that the person will give way before the weapon does...

I have (quite literally) seen an M4 fall several hundred feet down an extrememly steep, extrememly rocky mountainside. The stock was fully extended (ostensibly in its weakest postion) and suffered no ill effects. I've seen M4 stocks survive IED blasts that destroyed up-armored HMMWVs and killed the people inside... In short - they're pretty danged tough. Are they as tough as a solid stock? No. Are they tough enough to buttstroke the heck out of somebody with? Absolutely.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    There are several posts here regarding buttstroking/pistol whipping people, and wanting a "real" buttstock/pistol to do the job. Not to be confrontational, but would anyone like to volunteer to be the crash-test-dummy and let me buttstroke them with an M4 or pistol whip them with a Glock 17? I'm willing to bet that the person will give way before the weapon does...

I have (quite literally) seen an M4 fall several hundred feet down an extrememly steep, extrememly rocky mountainside. The stock was fully extended (ostensibly in its weakest postion) and suffered no ill effects. I've seen M4 stocks survive IED blasts that destroyed up-armored HMMWVs and killed the people inside... In short - they're pretty danged tough. Are they as tough as a solid stock? No. Are they tough enough to buttstroke the heck out of somebody with? Absolutely.
    We only really mention the pistol whipping or buttstock beating thing in jest really for two real reasons. 1. None of us really are that cold hearted to beat a BG with a firearm. 2. DA's have field days with LEO's that get overzelous with a blackjack and it would be worse for us civilians.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    We only really mention the pistol whipping or buttstock beating thing in jest
    Ah... See, you caught me on one of my "no sense of humor days." The fourth Wednesday of every month my sense of humor gets sent in for dry cleaning... :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    1. None of us really are that cold hearted to beat a BG with a firearm.
    Exceptions:
    Weapon retention
    Gun jams and SOB is still coming at me.
    Punk needs a whoopin'.

That said, my bayonet should be here today.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    We only really mention the pistol whipping or buttstock beating thing in jest really for two real reasons. 1. None of us really are that cold hearted to beat a BG with a firearm. 2. DA's have field days with LEO's that get overzelous with a blackjack and it would be worse for us civilians.
    As long as the end justifies the means (i.e. my own life) I'd be willing to beat a man with my grandmother's purse or his own severed arm for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by swedgin View Post
    ............... or his own severed arm for that matter.
    Ahh..........a Beowulf fan

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

i have on on my ak. i'm 6'5" and the standard stock is WAY too short for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links