UTAS-15 12-gauge shotgun

This is a discussion on UTAS-15 12-gauge shotgun within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone seen one of these in person? They look pretty cool! Question of the Day: What's the World's Ugliest Gun? - The Truth About Guns...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 1 Post By 10thmtn

Thread: UTAS-15 12-gauge shotgun

UTAS-15 12-gauge shotgun

Anyone seen one of these in person? They look pretty cool!

Question of the Day: What's the World's Ugliest Gun? - The Truth About Guns
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking. -- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, 06 June 1944

2. Remove Ads

Yeah, I actually like the looks of it. Of course I own, and see nothing wrong with the looks of, the Hi Point 995TS.

You happen to know what the price tag is on one of those bad boys?

If it's anything like the price of 995TS, I'd buy one in a heartbeat

Edited to say: Nevermind, looks like about a grand....

It's really no uglier than the KSG, and pretty much the same price, but at least the UTAS has more capacity.

Knock off of the KSG .. Early ones had a lot of issues .. Same price or more the KSG

"The UTS-15 shotgun has had issues from day one, and it continues to have a few design flaws. But despite those hiccups, I definitely see a market for something like this. A “high capacity” shotgun would work great for home defense, something that you could load with 14 rounds and then not worry about ever reloading in a home invasion scenario. But if you ever did need to reload, you’d pretty much be screwed. And on the range, it would definitely be an eye-catching range toy that everyone would want to try out.

But for me, that $1,200 MSRP (still over $1,000 retail) is too high to justify. For reference, that’s more than an FNH USA SLP MK I or a Benelli M2 semi-auto. Heck, you could buy two Mossberg 930s and duct tape them together for that price. There’s no doubt that this is a nifty gun, but it’s not $1,200 worth of nift."
    Gun Review: Utas UTS-15 Shotgun - The Truth About Guns

UTAS UTS-15 Tactical Shotgun 939$

you can get a KSG for 700-800
    herpjunkie and techieccw like this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

A shotgun is best when light and fast swinging.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Links