This is a discussion on Barrett .416 on TV "Future Weapons" within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Got to see the Barrett shoot 2,500 yards on Discovery channel tonight. Neat, but i doubt I'll have the skills, $$, or need for that ...
Got to see the Barrett shoot 2,500 yards on Discovery channel tonight. Neat, but i doubt I'll have the skills, $$, or need for that kind of range. Although it's apparently old news, it was really neat to see a rifle shoot 1.5 miles..............
- Case Capacity 200 grains of powder
- Projectile Solid brass boattail spitzer
- Projectile Weight 400 grains
- Projectile Length 2.0 in.
- Ballistic Coefficient .943
- Cartridge OAL 4.58 in.
- Muzzle Velocity 3250 fps (supersonic past 2500 yds.)
- Accuracy Under 1 MOA
- Barrel Length Choices 32 or 29 in. (81.28 or 73.66 cm)
- Rifle Lengths 50 or 45 in. (127 or 114 cm)
- Weights 25 or 23 lbs. (11 or 10.43 kg)
"He went on two legs, wore clothes and was a human being, but nevertheless he was in reality a wolf of the Steppes. He had learned a good deal . . . and was a fairly clever fellow. What he had not learned, however, was this: to find contentment in himself and his own life. The cause of this apparently was that at the bottom of his heart he knew all the time (or thought he knew) that he was in reality not a man, but a wolf of the Steppes."
Weights 25 or 23 lbs. thats the perfect weight for SHTF rifle ...lol
Does it include someone to carry it ?