New AR pic.

This is a discussion on New AR pic. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just wanted to share a pic of my latest AR-15 SBR, now a complete unit. The upper is from DPMS, and the lower from Rock ...

Thread: New AR pic.

New AR pic.

Just wanted to share a pic of my latest AR-15 SBR, now a complete unit. The upper is from DPMS, and the lower from Rock River Arms. The lower is soon to receive a trigger job from my local guru. Laser activated by pressure switch on the vertical foregrip. The short overall length makes this one especially handy. My other two (RRA and DPMS) are shown below.

Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

2. Remove Ads

Which one is on the bottom? RRA or DPMS? Also, what's the caliber? I'm guessing .308?

Nice pics!

The one on the bottom is a DPMS Panther LR-308AP4, in .308. A really great shooter, from round one. Since I took that picture, I've added a Nikon Buckmaster 4 x 12 scope and a Harris bipod. When I first went to sight in the scope, it was just a bit off on the first group. I made an adjustment, and it was farther off. After more adjustments and my POI getting worse, I finally realized (I'm really slow) that I had mounted the scope rotated 90 degrees. What a goober!

The one with the AimPoint M4 and SureFire is the RRA.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Very nice - how would you speak to the quality of DPMS? I've heard various things - would just like to get another opinion.

Right now I'm not sure if I want to get either 1) A new upper for my AR-15 with full stock, or 2) simply get a new one, preferably with rails and a telescoping stock.

I'm leaning toward 2), but money is obviously an issue. This would be more for fun than SD, but a reliable firearm is a reliable firearm.

I'm very pleased with the two DPMS products I have. Good attention to detail. I was very impressed with the inherent accuracy of the .308model. It's just a very well put-together firearm.

I was in kind of the same situation you're in, deciding which piece to get next. In the short-barreled model, I aquired the components as I found the best deals, first getting the second upper, then finding the M4-type lower. That's one of the great things about the AR platform. You can really mix and match to suit your needs. Now I really want to get SureFire foregrip -- as soon as I have an extra 500 bucks sitting around!
    Cheers,
    Rod

Very nice indeed. Everytime I see one, it's like looking in the Christmas toy catalog when I was little. I gotta have them all.

Excellent firearms!

VIP Member
    Very nice!!! I wish I had the busks to get one myself.

VIP Member
    Nice little AR....Enjoy!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Moderator
    Very nice I building my own AR now.

Thanks for the photos. I want to try and build a SBR in the future
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Links