Donley's Gun Shop service review

This is a discussion on Donley's Gun Shop service review within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just wanted to start a thread for Dave here and review my experiences dealing with him. Here is Dave's info and contact. He is ...

Thread: Donley's Gun Shop service review

Donley's Gun Shop service review

I just wanted to start a thread for Dave here and review my experiences dealing with him.

Here is Dave's info and contact. He is up in Quakertown PA.

Dave
    DONLEYS GUN SHOP
    Phone 215-529-6578
    Fax 215-529-6579
    Email gunrunner1000@verizon.net
    http://www.gunrunner1000.com

I found Dave's info on an AR site somewhere listing his services for threading barrels. After some email exchanges with him I decided to give him a try.

I sent my Colt Match Target HBAR upper to Dave to thread it for a Flash hider and put a Phantom Flash hider on it. It got to his place on Thursday last week and then he finished it this weekend and shipped it back to me on Monday. I missed the UPS driver yesterday but got it today. So... that would be one week turn around time. Which I would not count on. Dave told me that I had just hit it just right on the timing of sending it and them doing a batch of barrels that weekend. But I shipped it on a Monday and got it back the following Thursday. Good service

Absolutely excellent looking work. Not a extra scratch or nothing. Perfect workmanship. Good match to the barrel on the Phantom as well.

Highly recomend Dave at Donleys Guns Shop. So if you need this sort of thing done, well... here is you a vendor if you don't already have one. If anyone else has ever done any business with Dave, please post your experiences. Mine were pleasant.

Last edited by cphilip; February 8th, 2007 at 02:43 PM.

2. Remove Ads

I 've got a Colt just like that is it a pre ban??? because my barrel was already threaded from the factory and no pins or welding.
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

Most HBAR colt "match target" models are not threaded. But... I do believe this one is Post ban anyway so it definately would not have had one. Best I can date this one is 94 or so. So it would not have been threaded. Some of the Match Targets had a "compensator" on them ("C" models). Some did not. And after ban even if it had a compensator it would not have a threaded barrel. It would be set screwed on. Which does not hold well.

This one is just threaded and lock ringed and oriented now. Like it should be from the factory. Like Colt will not do for the civilian market anymore.

Now remember... preban there were several Colt civilian models. The Sporter Target and some LE models too. Then later down the line the Match Target (not that much differt really except all had HBAR 20" barrels, no Bayo lug nor threading). Some of the ones way before that were threaded and had birdcage type flash findered. Some preban ones. But most Match Targets did not.

And if you did not get yours new, its alway possible that someone beat you to threading it. But... there are tons of post ban barrels out there needing a good threading. So this post was for those types.

Dave has 3 of my guns as we speak. He's defanitely got a good reputation.

He's got my jamamatic AR in his shop and I'll post a follow up review once I get it back.

Links