Great Day - New Gun - new pics added - Page 3

Great Day - New Gun - new pics added

This is a discussion on Great Day - New Gun - new pics added within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well first off congrats on the rifle . Since he feels you have helped him that much ... It would be impolite to disagree with ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Well first off congrats on the rifle . Since he feels you have helped him that much ... It would be impolite to disagree with him lol . Enjoy both the rifle and the friend you have earned.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

exodus , as i understand it in the back when days gun makers would do special runs of rifles , and when they did they would do things to make the " one of " distinctive , some would engrave , some would put on a special barrel , but one thing that was not uncommon for one of the select runs ( that would show special accuracy ect.. ) was a plated trigger. Marlin has allways maintained that thier microgroove rifleing imparts special accuracy .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Nice pictures. It looks like you've got the "W" model. I've asked around locally and could never really get a solid answer. Why the gold plated trigger? Is it purely cosmetic, or is there function I'm not aware of?
    I noticed the trigger was gold plated, but didn't even notice that it wasn't on the other models. I figured the W meant it came with the sling. Evidently there is more to it than that, but I don't know what. Redneck Repairs answer may be right.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

cmg i am far from a marlin expert , but i will wager now that if you get on gunbroker ect.. you wont find a " black trigger " marlin with that checkering pattern bud LOL . IMHO what you have there is the " lexus " variation of marlin rifles.

George,

I did a lot of research on these things. I've got the "A" model which is one step below yours. It has the same rifling and finish. It has different wood on the stocks (but the same pattern). It does not have the gold trigger, and the band on the front grip is only a half band. I've seen both the "A" and "W" models for sale with and without the sling.

Thanks for the clarification RR.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    George,

I did a lot of research on these things. I've got the "A" model which is one step below yours. It has the same rifling and finish. It has different wood on the stocks (but the same pattern). It does not have the gold trigger, and the band on the front grip is only a half band. I've seen both the "A" and "W" models for sale with and without the sling.

Thanks for the clarification RR.
    The Marlin site lists the sling as part of the W. That doesn't mean that they haven't been sold without.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Either that, or they stores just left the sling in the box.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links