Springfield M1A Socom

This is a discussion on Springfield M1A Socom within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey y'all I've been eying a Springfield M1A SOCOM, (this is in addition to a stock Springfield M1A) I was wondering if any of you ...

Thread: Springfield M1A Socom

Springfield M1A Socom

Hey y'all I've been eying a Springfield M1A SOCOM, (this is in addition to a stock Springfield M1A) I was wondering if any of you out there had any suggestions for accessories for the SOCOM. I was thinking of an AIMPOINT Scope. After that, I'm stuck. I might just want to leave it like that but if there's some accessories I might have overlooked ten I'd appreciate it if you could give me some advice. Thanks in advance for your help.

-COWBOYF550

2. Remove Ads

I like the VLTOR and Fulton Armory/SAGE stocks. But I could buy a good AR for the price of the Sage stock.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

Well the AR is already taken care of I'm just looking to see what else I could at to the Vltor Quad Rail. It's also got a 16" Barrel, Mussle Brake, and Trijicon Front Sight. It's more of a CQC ifle. I'm thinking a Forearm Grip and a Tac Light.

VIP Member
    I'm on the look out for a SOCOM, as soon as I find one for a good deal, most have been running $1400-1500. As for accessories, all I'd want would be a good scope/red-dot.

I also like the Aimpoint, I have one for my AR, one on a shotgun & one I use on a Marlin Guide Gun. They work well & can take any abuse you throw at them.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    I rig up my CQB long gun (granted, it's not a SOCOM) with the following:

EOTech HoloSight or Leupold Mk 4 CQ/T (You may want a little magnification on tap, considering you are carrying a 7.62N rifle)

Knight's Armament Vertical Foregrip (I was never a big fan of VFGs, until I started carrying one. Now, I love them for CQB/medium range rifles. They make turning/pivoting easier, control recoil for quick series easier, and put my hand in perfect position to thumb-activate the push button tail cap of the last item on the list...)

SureFire M95 series Weapon Light (or any high quality weapon mounted light).

Of course, what I use my rifle for may be different than what you use yours for, but a good optic, grip, and light are the basics for me... The AN/PAQ-4 is only for the really bad days!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Thanks for the help y'all. I'll let you know what I decide to do and I'll definately post some pics.

Links