New AR (pics)= Very Angry Wife (No pics)

This is a discussion on New AR (pics)= Very Angry Wife (No pics) within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know how you folks feel. My wife is (was) pretty tolerant about my gun pruchases when I used to bring home $1,500 dollar paychecks ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New AR (pics)= Very Angry Wife (No pics)

I know how you folks feel. My wife is (was) pretty tolerant about my gun pruchases when I used to bring home $1,500 dollar paychecks every week, but now that I am back in school and she is the major money provider, no such luck.

I used to come home from every gun show with at least one, sometimes two new purchases. Once she told me that she thought I needed counseling, because I had an addiction. How crazy is that?

If I want a gun now, I have to sell one of my other ones to get the money. SO SAD. I'll be right back, I have to go have a good cry....

Ok, I'm back. Congrats on the new rifles everyone.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

2. Remove Ads

that is why my wife has been getting lots of chocolate, flowers and little surprises for the last month.....

(my son and I are going to my local dealer wed., he is hooking us up with a pair of DPMS AR's , we have a deal, if my wife gets too hot, well, I can sleep on his couch....

If his wife gets to hot.....we might have a small problem here in Ohio....

Congrats on the rifle. I'd say 99% of the time it's always better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

"this was the absolute last gun that I knew I wanted"

sure it is

Well, the coyote hunting didn't go so well this morning. It was really windy, and my boots split along the side, leaving me with very cold & wet feet early in the morning. Plus, we weren't seeing anything, so we called it a day early and went to the range instead. It's down in a hole, so we were protected by the wind, and Wally World had a pretty good price on Remington FMJ (Since they dropped Zumbo, I'll buy their stuff again). Brought the target home this time to grab a picture.

I didn't think it was to bad for a new gun. This was with the iron sights at 50 yards. When I first got my 10/22, my groups weren't this tight at 25 yards. Maybe I'm just a better shot now, but I'm still pretty impressed. I'm actually amazed at well this AR shoots. What took me so long to get with the program?
    Attached Images
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Administrator
    AR's will do whatever the operator can do...
    "Just blame Sixto"

Great purchase! But, hunting coyotes? In all my 97 years of hunting, I've never known these weapons to be used for hunting. -- JUST KIDDING! Hey, take your wife shooting. Buy more jewelry. It'll all be okay.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    I've never known these weapons to be used for hunting. --

Man, do I feel like just made a major Zumbo!
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryoung001 View Post
    Man, do I feel like just made a major Zumbo!
    The AR is an excellent hunting rifle. I'm not that much of a hunter anymore. I'd really rather just shoot. But I've taken a number of decent-sized feral hogs. In the brushy country where I've hunted most recently, I especially appreciated the AimPoint M4 red dot sight. The large field of view really helps get on the target quickly, plus your peripheral vision is still there.

I'm now thinking about getting a .22 LR upper. Prices are pretty good and it would make the shooting a lot cheaper.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Congrats on the new DPMS AR and thanks for supporting our local economy (they're made here in St. Cloud, MN) I just picked up my first AR last week. DPMS 308LR, my new deer slayer and sod poodle pounder. I'm still looking at optics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links