AR build

This is a discussion on AR build within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am planning on trying my hand at building an AR. I am an aircraft mechanic by trade so I know my way around a ...

Thread: AR build

AR build

I am planning on trying my hand at building an AR. I am an aircraft mechanic by trade so I know my way around a tool box. I plan to start with a Stag lower (stripped) and then purchase a RRA complete upper and their lower parts kits. Is there any fiiting required to mating the upper to the lower or is it just slapping it on there. I plan on using AR15.com's directions for assembling the lower but they do not mention installing the upper to the lower. I have never owned an AR so I am unfamiliar with them. Also, If anyone could tell me anything to look out for I would appreciate it.
    If he was gonna decorate his bar with my friend, he shoulda armed himself.

2. Remove Ads

Well if you are a mechanic by trade you shouldn't have any problems. I'm fairly un handy and I was able to get one together. Bushy lower and RRA kit. Here is the finished reslult:

The upper fits to the lower with two pins. It's really easy they even let us remove the upper from the lower in Basic Training for cleaning to illustrate how easy that is.

Good luck
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Administrator
    no, its not really hard at all.

If you have some basic skill with tools, you will be fine. You might have to do some fine fit work to make everthing right, just use a really light file. No power tools!
    In addition to the normal parts, order more detent springs, and the "lost parts" kit. Even if you get lucky and dont need them, they will come in handy down the road. Also get yourself a AR stock wrench. Other than that, you should have all the tools you need for an AR build.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links