CHEAP M-16 Machine Gun Fox says its expensive!!!!

This is a discussion on CHEAP M-16 Machine Gun Fox says its expensive!!!! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,255058,00.html LOLOLOLOLOL...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHEAP M-16 Machine Gun Fox says its expensive!!!!

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

“Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    If that is a fully transferable m-16 it will bring upwards of $10,000 at auction . The nfa regestry on full auto is closed , that means NO replacement machineguns ( as defined by atf ) or recievers ( when they are worn beyond repair you must dispose of them and prove it to atf )for civillians. with that in mind the pool of anything full auto has gone crazyer than the prices of semi millitairy style rifles did under the rifle ban of recient years.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Wow! He expects it to bring $1700? The Class III values I just checked were from $15-$25K for an M-16.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Rod I speculated upwards of 10 k since I dont know the source , nor the abuse the rifle has had , if the pins have walked enough to egg the holes and crap like that must be fixed 10 is about right . You have to remember tho that some want a true 16 , and some would rather have a dias ( drop in auto sear ) since it can go in many host rifles easily , and once you screw up a 16 lower bad your basicly done . The truely broke folks who just have to have fa in the ar platform go for the lightning links lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

"The fact that a law enforcement agency is selling a dangerous weapon is appalling," said Shikha Hamilton, president of the Michigan chapter of the Million Mom March, a gun control group.
    Don't they sell cars at auctions too?

That quote of 1700 does seem awfully low, prolly get more for it now that it is on the news and people know about it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Buck , it depends on how ( what forms they bought it under ) they did it , if it is another " dealer " 16 well then imho its high. If its transferable to us peons then its vastly low . Le could get full auto a variaty of ways depending on the paperwork . Some can now be xfered to you and me , some cannot , instead only to a dealer or other LE . Since i dont know which set of hoops the dept. jumped thro to get the full auto in the first place well value is still undecided .

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Wow! He expects it to bring $1700? The Class III values I just checked were from $15-$25K for an M-16.
    Well, we're talking about a story in which they said, "Last fall, the department sold off its arsenal of five AR-15 automatic rifles."

Is that even correct? Is there such a thing as an automatic AR-15? Wouldn't that be an M-16?

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Well, we're talking about a story in which they said, "Last fall, the department sold off its arsenal of five AR-15 automatic rifles."

Is that even correct? Is there such a thing as an automatic AR-15? Wouldn't that be an M-16?
    The first AR's sold to the Air Force were marked AR-15, they were select fire, safe, semi, auto. I saw several in Viet Nam in 1968, also shot a few rds from one and then went back to my M-14!!

I had an AR in 1969 issued to me in Vietnam with select fire. Steve48

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    That's sad that the local PD has to sell off its CT weapons to get new equipment. Shame on the local budgetary committee.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

<< was issued a fully auto armilite ar 15 , it said xm177E2 on it lol , not a bad point gun for raids.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    The first AR's sold to the Air Force were marked AR-15, they were select fire, safe, semi, auto. I saw several in Viet Nam in 1968, also shot a few rds from one and then went back to my M-14!!
    Thanks for the correction.
    I'm not used to hearing about AR-15s being select-fire, since it's been drummed into my head for so long that they are the "civilian" version of the M-16, meaning "semi-auto."

So this is national news?

I also saw this article today on Fox News website, and wondered why the sale of one used rifle by a small police department was national news. Evidently Fox has no idea how many used handguns, rifles and shotguns are sold every year by LE agencies to finance the purchase of new equipment. I would guess there are tens of thousands of such guns each year, and they eventually are purchased by US gunowners. Sometimes they go back to the manufacturer for reconditioning, but eventually they go to the used gun market.

I was also amused by the whining of the "Million Mom March" spokesperson about how that deadly machine gun would be "on the streets" mowing down little children. I don't believe there has ever been a recorded US case of a legally owned civilian automatic weapon being used in a crime.

Maybe it was a slow news day or something.

Administrator
    I wonder if I could get it for a "buy it now" price of 2k?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links