Defensive Carry banner

Truck/Car long-Guns?

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  randytulsa2 
#1 ·
How many folks also pack a long gun in there rig? This might seem foreign to some, but is real common in my area. As to not cause to much grief mine is a carbine length, angle eject, Winchester 94 in 30-30. Even the old timers don't have a problem with this tool.

#2 ·
Allways , formfactor depends on mood , where i am going , ect..

#4 ·
Usually a Winchester 94 .30-30 or a Remington 870.

#10 ·
I Always Depend Upon My Sidearm...

but if I were to take a long gun along...it would be my (reworked) nickel plated, Stoeger Coach Gun...

ret:urla9ub:

#14 ·
in the trunk: AK-47 in rifle case, 5 30rnd mags, vest with 4 30rnd mags, 3 spare pistol mags

this goes in the SUV when we go on road trips

I chose the AK for the hi cap, power of round, don't worry about it getting banged around

#16 ·
I don't keep one in my vehicle for everyday because there isn't much a good .45 can't take care of. If I travel out of town I'll throw my coyote gun and/or my Winchester behind the seat.

#18 ·
Mosin Nagant M44. Lots of full stripper clips.

I can leave the safety on with a full magazine and still have the chamber empty, per Oklahoma law. Ain't no BG (and few LEO's who want to "catch" me with a chamber-loaded long gun) gonna figure out that safety, either...

Dependable. Powerful. I don't care if it gets scratched up back there. Accurate as I'll need for any situation I can reasonably imagine.

And if I miss the BG's, I'll blind'em with muzzle flash and deafen them with the report of that bad old Russian puppy, so I can fall back to plan "B": the bayonet and that steel butt plate....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.