Defensive Carry banner

New AR Upper

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  RETSUPT99 
#1 ·
My new stag LH upper, with Bushmaster carbon lower. I have only fired 10 rnds thru it to test fire it, but will get it out and run it after next week.
Overall I was impressed with the finish and quality of parts. A few minor blems, but hey , its not a safe queen. I opted against a full 4 rail upper,since I really didn't need all the extra parts to shoot.
I notice my upper to lwr fit is tighter than any other AR I have handled. It came with an Arms 40 rear flip up sight(very nice) and a side sling mount(properly mounted for a leftie) .
I ordered from AIM surplus. they were great in getting the upper out in a timely fashion. Will post more once I hit the range. :smile:

#4 ·
Believe me Bud, it was well worth every penny. No gases or brass bouncing off my face or gear makes all the difference.

#6 ·
let us know how it runs...I've looked at those since I shoot a rifle left-handed.

#7 ·
Rocky, nice picture. I have become very interested in getting the Stag-15L model 2L, which looks similar to your picture.

I saw a similar rifle in a shop, with 4 rails. I wondered where I would put my right hand for shooting...

You have some kind of red-dot scope mounted on the rail, possibly an Aimpoint, and a back-up iron sight. I have been thinking about similar options and wondered about the length of the rail. Perhaps you would entertain a question.

Do you think it would simultaneously hold the Aimpoint sight, an Aimpoint magnifier, and the iron-sight? A guy in the gun shop said yes, Paul-John at Stag wrote that the iron sight might not fit if both Aimpoint modules were mounted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.