New AR Upper

This is a discussion on New AR Upper within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My new stag LH upper, with Bushmaster carbon lower. I have only fired 10 rnds thru it to test fire it, but will get it ...

Thread: New AR Upper

Lead Moderator

New AR Upper

My new stag LH upper, with Bushmaster carbon lower. I have only fired 10 rnds thru it to test fire it, but will get it out and run it after next week.
    Overall I was impressed with the finish and quality of parts. A few minor blems, but hey , its not a safe queen. I opted against a full 4 rail upper,since I really didn't need all the extra parts to shoot.
    I notice my upper to lwr fit is tighter than any other AR I have handled. It came with an Arms 40 rear flip up sight(very nice) and a side sling mount(properly mounted for a leftie) .
    I ordered from AIM surplus. they were great in getting the upper out in a timely fashion. Will post more once I hit the range.
    Attached Images
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

2. Remove Ads

Looks Good Cant wait to hear full range report since its a lefty upper been thinking on one myself

That's a sexy beast!

Is that Aimpoint absolute cowitnessed?

Lead Moderator
    Believe me Bud, it was well worth every penny. No gases or brass bouncing off my face or gear makes all the difference.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Nice, Rocky! I should get one of those for my young bride, also a lefty.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

let us know how it runs...I've looked at those since I shoot a rifle left-handed.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Rocky, nice picture. I have become very interested in getting the Stag-15L model 2L, which looks similar to your picture.

I saw a similar rifle in a shop, with 4 rails. I wondered where I would put my right hand for shooting...

You have some kind of red-dot scope mounted on the rail, possibly an Aimpoint, and a back-up iron sight. I have been thinking about similar options and wondered about the length of the rail. Perhaps you would entertain a question.

Do you think it would simultaneously hold the Aimpoint sight, an Aimpoint magnifier, and the iron-sight? A guy in the gun shop said yes, Paul-John at Stag wrote that the iron sight might not fit if both Aimpoint modules were mounted.

VIP Member
    Cool.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Congrats...

on the keep Gaylord safe gun...she looks GOOD!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links