Russia's iconic AK-47 to be made in USA

This is a discussion on Russia's iconic AK-47 to be made in USA within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It’s as Russian as borscht, but the AK-47 will soon be made in Florida. Russia's iconic AK-47 to be made in USA | Fox News...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Russia's iconic AK-47 to be made in USA

Russia's iconic AK-47 to be made in USA

It’s as Russian as borscht, but the AK-47 will soon be made in Florida.

Russia's iconic AK-47 to be made in USA | Fox News
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

TRX
    Kalashnikov USA finally started answering the phone?

For the last four of five months, people have been suggesting Kalashnikov was just going to license the name to a quality(*) USA builder like, oh, Century Arms...

(*) probably not the kind of quality you'd expect...

Sweet, right around the corner from me too.
    Mikeyboyeee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FLDawg View Post
    Sweet, right around the corner from me too.
    They won't be able to sell them in the city limits of Pompano...

Several questions; Any idea of retail price? Are they going to be real deal Kalashnikov, and quality weapons?

If so, Id like to have one instead of what we are forced to settle for now.

Distinguished Member Array LeftofMars's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Several questions; Any idea of retail price? Are they going to be real deal Kalashnikov, and quality weapons?

If so, Id like to have one instead of what we are forced to settle for now.
    Echo of my thoughts exactly.
    I am not an expert, nor do I play one on TV.

I'd buy one.
    Certified Infidel

My worry is parts ...PSA /IO etc have the issues as did most USA based AK makers of trying to make a cheep gun and using cheep parts that had major issues ...

They build this per russian specs with correct heat treating and good source id ..Ie no mystery China parts in it then yes we are talking

Frankly I am not impressed so far ..What the ALFA ..nope gonna be a over priced mall ninja toy ..The 9mm one maybe ..But it sounds like they are using proptarity mags so that could be a major issues

When they start putting out a stander AKM milled or stamped gun then we shall talk
    StormRhydr, Bad Bob and Nmuskier like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

TRX
    Other than the barrel and receiver, most of the AK's parts were made by casting. Those nasty machine marks? They're cast right in; you can see pictures of the raw parts on sprues at Kalasnikov's web site.

All those parts can be duplicated by conventional machining, but it takes a lot of machine time. Even in the "down" market, that's still expensive enough that USA-made trunnions, bolts, etc. are quite expensive.

If they're all-new-USA-made, they're going to be expensive. If they bring in major subassemblies from overseas, like Glock does, maybe not.

There's been a lot of shuck-and-jive and lets-play-secret about this. I don't know if their PR is incompetent or their finances are shaky, but "I have a bad feeling about this."
    WrongRecroom and CanuckQue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Other than the barrel and receiver, most of the AK's parts were made by casting. Those nasty machine marks? They're cast right in; you can see pictures of the raw parts on sprues at Kalasnikov's web site.

All those parts can be duplicated by conventional machining, but it takes a lot of machine time. Even in the "down" market, that's still expensive enough that USA-made trunnions, bolts, etc. are quite expensive.

If they're all-new-USA-made, they're going to be expensive. If they bring in major sub-assemblies from overseas, like Glock does, maybe not.

There's been a lot of shuck-and-jive and lets-play-secret about this. I don't know if their PR is incompetent or their finances are shaky, but "I have a bad feeling about this."

Look at IO, They cut corners to make a cheap 100% USA guns ...Bad cast parts breaking, bad metal, etc

PSA tried and had the same issue "out sourced" parts to God knows who and where, and well, parts broke & guns would not head-space etc
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array CanuckQue's Avatar
    Who's getting the profits from the licensing?
    Donations to Alzheimer's research now increases the likelihood efficacious treatments are available for a loved one.

Really.

TRX
    Theoretically, Kalashnikov Concern, or whatever they're called this month.

If it is a quality gun, and they add a better rear sight and a last-round bolt hold open, I'd at least give it a look.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.

www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member

Quote Originally Posted by TideAlumO4 View Post
    They won't be able to sell them in the city limits of Pompano...
    Care to explain why?

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    If it is a quality gun, and they add a better rear sight and a last-round bolt hold open, I'd at least give it a look.

The last round BHO is a easy fix ..Just get any one of the safty out there that has a cut for it ..Most Yugo AK mags also will hold BHO on last round ..

And most Yugo AK are cut for it

Rear sight is not a hard fix either ..Or just get a Veper which has a RPK sight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links