New AR (Pic) and optics ? - Page 2

New AR (Pic) and optics ?

This is a discussion on New AR (Pic) and optics ? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 I also have the AR-15 BushMaster...flat top...with an EO Tech Holographic scope...sweet...(it's worth the $$$) Stay armed...stay safe! ret Same deal ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New AR (Pic) and optics ?

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I also have the AR-15 BushMaster...flat top...with an EO Tech Holographic scope...sweet...(it's worth the $$$)

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    Same deal for me. They are sweet!!
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    I like.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I have been a pistol person, but just ordered a left-hand Stag. I have 3 Glocks, so your picture is very close to what I will have on hand in a couple of weeks.

I too am interested in a red-dot sight. I have been reading up Aimpoints, pricey, but I will check out the others mentioned above as well. Thanks for the data.
    Last edited by Anubis; May 5th, 2007 at 09:12 PM.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Nice rifle , and congrats .
    As to optics , I will respectfully suggest you pick up a cheap optic in the 3x9 thro 4x whateaver range , un mount the carry handle and mount the optic ( above 6x or so you wont even be able to see the front sight due to the focal leingth of the optics ) . You choose what meets your needs before surgery since they will likely change after . Dont go a lot of $$ till you see how your eyes come out , you can shoot as well at 200 with a cheap optic as you can with a spendy one since the quality of the optic is right now the least of the issues with the rifle . Spend a small amount now and then get what you need later .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I still haven't picked up a scope on account of buying a FS M&P 9mm and then the compact as well. But sooner or later I will be picking up some optics for the Bushy.

I fogot to point out that the Bushnell Holograph sight is made by EOTech and I have read reviews that it is very high quality as evidenced being basically an EOTech with Bushnell label. And it is probably $150 - $200 less than the EOTech .
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I fogot to point out that the Bushnell Holograph sight is made by EOTech and I have read reviews that it is very high quality as evidenced being basically an EOTech with Bushnell label. And it is probably $150 - $200 less than the EOTech .
    The Bushnell holosights have the same optics, but they don't really have the same level of ruggedization. The EOTech is built for combat use rather than hunting, so it's intended to take a lot more punishment. Since I'm trusting my life to this piece of equipment, I went ahead and paid the extra $$ and bought an EOTech.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links