Tactical anti vehicular/personnel shotgun. (woot!)

This is a discussion on Tactical anti vehicular/personnel shotgun. (woot!) within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by MD_Willington Plus you can get 12 round mags for them... yeah, I vote for the Tromix moded Saiga as well they "make" ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tactical anti vehicular/personnel shotgun. (woot!)

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Willington View Post
    Plus you can get 12 round mags for them...
    yeah, I vote for the Tromix moded Saiga as well
    they "make" a heck of a shotgun

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I may want to go with one of this:

AA 12
    The full-auto-only Auto Assault 12 Automatic Shotgun fires at a relatively slow rate of 300 rpm (rounds-per-minute) and employs the "Constant-Recoil" principle, which is a recoil attenuation/mitigation system that was first invented and patented for utilization in a gas-operated weapon by legendary small arms designer/developer L. James Sullivan for the Ultimax 100 LMG (Light Machine Gun), back in the late 1970's. "Constant-Recoil" allows a lightweight gun to outhit a heavier gun on full-auto.

Since it utilizes "Constant-Recoil", the bolt group of the AA12 Automatic Shotgun never impacts the rear of the receiver, but rather runs out on the long 2-stage recoil/operating spring. This action eliminates the majority of felt-recoil, and thus greatly enhances controllability on full-auto. The result is more hits on target.

The Auto Assault 12 (AA-12) Automatic Shotgun is manufactured from "corrosion resistant, high impact, heat-treated stainless steels and high-impact plastics". Supposedly, the Auto Assault 12 shotgun requires no lubrication (unconfirmed/unverified). Rounds are fed from an 8-round box magazine, 20-round drum mag, or 32-round drum mag. That's a lot of 12-gauge firepower in a fully controllable package. Since the AA-12 shotgun fires at the relatively slow rate of 300 rpm, there's no need for a semi-auto setting on the AA-12's selector switch. Any skilled operator can easily control the round output via trigger control, including singe shots and double taps. In other words, the operator's trigger finger IS the selector switch. The Auto Assault 12 (AA12) Automatic Shotgun also features a quick-change barrel system. Barrel lengths are from 13" to 18".
    Video
    Last edited by Miggy; April 4th, 2007 at 09:23 PM.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    I think a good gunsmith could take that Remington 10 GA and trick it out to at least slow down a car.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    The Hornady SST Would do the best agains the car for a slug, likely follwed by 00 buck

http://www.nrapublications.org/tah/Slugs.asp

cut off the head and the body of the snake dies. 00buck or slugs would do some nice cutting on a driver, then get out of the way.
    -mac
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Don't count on ANYTHING you can easily carry on your person to stop a car... :)
    Thermite grenade? Willy Pete grenade? M79?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Wink I know what you're Thinking..."Did he FIRE SIX or Only FIVE?"

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    you'd be surprised what glass can do to a projectile of any kind. deflection, ricochet - these are real factors to a marksman.
    DH: The 357 is a good gun, but I've seen 38 loads careen off a windshield. Not good in a city like this.

Partner: So you like the 44 magnum for it's....penetration?

DH: Is everything sexual with you?

Partner: Only sometimes.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Thermite grenade? Willy Pete grenade? M79?
    Guess I emphasized the wrong word: Don't count on anything YOU can easily carry on your person to stop a car...

And thermite/WP would take too long... :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Two words:

Molotov Cocktail.
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Perhaps a shotgun with a caltrop load?
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

[QUOTE=Risque007;332752]So I was watching Swordfish *cough* again *cough* and I was thinking about that crazy scene where Travolta faces off against several SUVs with his handy M249 trunk gun. (if any of you do not know this scene, I order you to watch Swordfish...IMMEDIATELY!

So it got me thinking about how you would make your handy trunk gun into an anti-vehicular weapon as well (that and I've had someone try to run over me before, which helps with the scenario area)

I was thinking of taking a mossy shotgun, outfitting it with an image-enhancing scope, and fitting it out with slugs so it could also penetrate a windshield. What is your guys take on this, and what type of optics do you recommend for shotguns?

Too much movie watching for you. If I carried a trunk gun, it would be in the trunk as I drove away in my vehicle as opposed to standing in the road trying to stop a 2 ton vehicle as it approached me. It takes way to much lead to completely stop a vehicle that is already in motion, so no matter what you shoot at it don't count on it stopping before it gets to your location. Don't you imagine that if the person was coming after you and saw you pull up a gun to shoot at them they might just duck behind the dash and engine block as they accelerated in your direction.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    Too much movie watching for you.
    Maybe not too much movie watching in general, but certainly too much Swordfish watching. That movie stunk on wheels. I felt significantly dumberer after enduring that hour and a half....
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Of course you could use a PIAT or a LAW, or even better the cannister round in the Carl Gustav 84mm.

Wink Remember OPFOR's comments....

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Of course you could use a PIAT or a LAW, or even better the cannister round in the Carl Gustav 84mm.
    OPFOR: the lesson is clear. Don't count on ANYTHING you can easily carry on your person to stop a car... :)

I think we can rule out the Light Anti-Armor family! Heck, at least I was semi-realistic with the M79 (especially with a sawn down stock) or the thermite/WP grenades. But a Carl Gustav? Ummmmm Just what kind of holster would you pack that in, might I ask?

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    This should stop anything you need stopping
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links