Defensive Carry banner

Finally found the rifle I have been looking for!

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  rodc13 
#1 ·
I have been looking for an Enfield in 308 (Ishy 2A) made in 1968. Found it at a local gun show for the price of AIM + Shipping + FFL so I'm happy. I have some 7.62x51 waiting for me to strip, clean and lube up. The stock is in good shape all in all with only one minor fix near the butt.

Take a look. :smile:

See less See more
#2 ·
Excellent! I handled one of these at J&G Sales in Arizona last fall...if I hadn't purchased a Savage Enfield .303 just a couple of months earlier, it would have left the store with me.

Does yours have the black "spray paint" finish?

#3 ·
It does on the metal parts and some over spray on the wood but not to bad on the wood. It also has all matching SNs and bore looks good so I'm happy. :bier:

#5 ·
Rifle looks good!!! I've been lookin' at one of these for awhile.

Team American - if you get to J&G here in Prescott anytime soon, shoot me a PM. Ammo's on me! :)

#6 ·
Congrats...

on your new buddy...hope he's a 'straight shooter'...

ret

#8 ·
I have an Ishapore Model 2A1 7.62mm NATO Enfield, made in 1968. Have spare complete wood stock parts as well. This is my backup 7.62mm military rifle to my Springfield M1A Scout Squad.
I really like my Ishapore.

#10 ·
Quality?

I'm looking for a backup for my FAL.

I've been interested in these especially since I can use my C&R license.

Do the shoot well?

I've haven't seen one in person yet and did not want to order sight unseen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.