Finally saw the light of the dark side

This is a discussion on Finally saw the light of the dark side within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to a show last weekend. I walked around looking at all the nice to have things. Sellers were really proud of their AK's they ...

Thread: Finally saw the light of the dark side

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar

Went to a show last weekend. I walked around looking at all the nice to have things. Sellers were really proud of their AK's they had, price reflected it. There is always someone trying to sell their guns, for beer or diaper money, don't need it anymore, wife says they can't keep it. I love to find someone selling and kinda follow them around. After they get rejected by the vendors a couple times, I talk to them. Tell them I will give them something higher than the vendor said, something lower than what they want for the gun. This time it worked.

This is a WASR-10 that the man said he couldn't keep cause he needed money for something. Already had a Tapco trigger setup in it, already had a plate to hold the hammer and trigger pins in place, already had a nice Simmons 1.5 - 5 scope on it, 5 30 rd mags. It's mine now. Took it to the range yesterday, I can keep everything in a 4 inch circle at 100 yards. I already had 15 30 rounder mags and 2 cases of ammo in anticipation of getting one. I think this is the last gun purchase for a while. The wife is starting to notice the boxes of ammo sitting in the closet.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Somebody forgot to put a picture in. Duuh!
    Attached Images
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Assistant Administrator
    I'd say that was a nice find but ....

I think this is the last gun purchase for a while
    Yeah .......... right!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Nice! Let us know how the trigger works out for ya.

So, how much do you have in it?
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Someday...

I'll show you ALL my last guns...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

is there a cure for this "last guns" disease? I can't seem to stop.

oh, ya, Nice AK.

semper gumby.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

At the shop I used to go to in California, (J & G gunsmithing), we used to joke around about GA, gunowners anonymous, we used to call it the Tuesday night meeting. It's a hopeless addiction, I am just waiting for the health care system to recognize so I can buy guns under my prescription plan, I think the guns will cost less than most medications.
    I can dream.

Senior Moderator
    If I had a dollar for every time I told my husband, "Okay, that's it for awhile," I could buy a brand new EMP tomorrow.

Looks good!

Lead Moderator
    Yup, the last 4 guns I bought were the "last". Glad ya like your AK.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I bought four "last guns for a while" (so far) this year. I guess each one is the last one for the MONTH.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I have actually had to promise myself that I wouldn't buy another gun until my truck gets some minor work done to it.

I have two more on layaway.

But I swear, no more guns after these until the truck is fixed....hey,....how much for that Kimber??
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Had to be for a while. Daughter and I are taking the grandtwins to Ft. Benning, Ga tomorow for her husband's grad from basic training on wednesday. Of course, dad gets to pay for the plane tickets, car rental, place to sleep, food, etc etc etc. I haven't worked in over 3 years because of medical things, insurance ran out after 12 months, SS keeps saying I'm not disabled. Oh well, most important thing to me is seeing a half baked numbskull (son-in-law) turned into a man with pride and honor and everything else the military will give a person. He has written 3 letters to me, saying he now understands what all my preaching about getting his head screwed on right was all about. I'm sure more guns will come, but not as fast as they came when I had bucks coming in at a good rate.

Links